You know that moment where you are right between falling asleep and being awake? It might last 5 minutes or so. You very tired, and your mind isn't think as sharp as when you're awake?

I don't know about you, but often times when my mind is in this odd and delirious state, I tend to get these musical ideas in my head every so often. Ideas I am impressed by. I try to get up and write it down, for I'm nearly positive I won't remember it by morning.

Have any of you experienced this?
Yes, all the time, and it always pisses me off.. IN the shower, too.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Not really, I listen to music as I'm about to go to sleep. And during those 5 minutes, I fantasize that I'm playing at a concert.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
I find that I get good musical ideas right after I masturbate. I'm not kidding.

...I think I have experienced that once or twice myself...
I get that too.

And I get up, try to figure it out on my bass so I've got the basic muscle-memory down, and then I'm not fucking tired!
this is a great time for me at my house because everyones alarms are going off at different intervals and sound different and go together different and i will actually hallucinate every morning. it rules.
Quote by ckellingc
I keep a notebook next to my bed in instances like that. Then i wake up the next morning, read it, and realize that it sucks.

reminds me of that 70s show where they tape the "Awesome" ideas they have when they are high
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
I find that I do that when I am trying to write lyrics. It used to be "Oh well that is so good I will remember it in the morning" but of course I forgot. But now I just get up and write it down and hopefully it will seem as good in the morning then it did right before I fell asleep.
<ChristianHardcoreRox> imagine
<ChristianHardcoreRox> a DINOSAUR
<ChristianHardcoreRox> all up in yo face like whas good, nigga
I do the same thing as you TS, I even keep a little notebook under my bed to write lyrics down
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
I find that I get good musical ideas right after I masturbate. I'm not kidding.

rofl worth a sig quote!
when i do come up with ideas i 4get them since i have no way to record it and im too lazy to tab it out
one night when I was about to fall asleep I wrote (well heard) this AWESOME metal song in my head... it was like everything you could ever ask for in a song, but then I fell asleep and forgot it... it was such an awesome sounding song...
I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
-Mohandas Gandhi
Quote by leftybassdude
reminds me of that 70s show where they tape the "Awesome" ideas they have when they are high

or that comedian that says he gets high and writes his best jokes. but when he gets out of it, he wakes up to "pickle monkey" written on a napkin
It's strange i just had this conversation a few days ago..
I seem to get my best ideas when im doin somethin that doesnt
require thinking. I have written entire songs in my head while
sweeping and mopping my area at work.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Last edited by Washburnd Fretz at Aug 20, 2007,
this thread reminds me of the end of Tenacious D- POD where they're like

"dude, we just played the most awesome song ever.."
"yeah... how did it go?"
"I don't remember"
"Me neither" *takes bong hit*
Tenacious D FTW
I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
-Mohandas Gandhi
ya that's happened before...it was such a great electric piano song
myspace.com/firelence
Quote by The Madcap
...I think I have experienced that once or twice myself...

Does it usually sound like it's being played through a wah-wah pedal in your head? If so.. It's probably not good. But funky, though.. most likely very funky.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Yea, it usually happens to me after I've had a day where I've listened to a lot of music, but then i'm always too lazy to get up to actually try the riff on my guitar or write anything down...

I've listened to a lot of music today. I think im going to go and try to provoke this now.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
this happenes to me all the time. whether it be in the middle of a shower or sitting around at 2 in the morning with nothing to do but resistant to go to sleep, i get the strangest, yet impressive, musical ideas. i either forget them or write them down as soon as possible. actually in some ways I think clearer when I'm in that half awake, half asleep state. I get my best ideas then, even when writing english papers :P
I get the best ideas when i havnt slept in over 24 hrs, when I start hallucinating I start to get good ideas...funny story tho (I hadnt sleapt in over36 hrs at this time) I went into my local clock repair shop to get my watch battery replaced and the clocks in there started going off...I thought that Time by Pink Floyd was playing and I started humming the intro then singing the words (to the imaginary music) then the owner came over and asked me if I was alright lol.
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
i actualy find i write my best stuff when im very deprived of sleep and my brain is running on a different pace... but its takes a few days of no sleep to get to that perfect stage... and your ruined for a week after it.... if the ideas werent so good i wouldnt do it.... lol

the notepad by your bed is a good idea... i write down dreams and write songs based on them.... didnt think other people did it
Live fast, die young, and leave a good lookin corpse

Quote by Ranger01
I get the best ideas when i havnt slept in over 24 hrs, when I start hallucinating I start to get good ideas...funny story tho (I hadnt sleapt in over36 hrs at this time) I went into my local clock repair shop to get my watch battery replaced and the clocks in there started going off...I thought that Time by Pink Floyd was playing and I started humming the intro then singing the words (to the imaginary music) then the owner came over and asked me if I was alright lol.

I usually go 35-40 hours before the hallucinations start. Really fun imo. Boring though
Quote by ckellingc
I usually go 35-40 hours before the hallucinations start. Really fun imo. Boring though

Ya I usually can be up for 3 days b4 it happens, but as of recently ill be up for extended periods then sleep then be up again for an extended period.
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
I always get these ideas in that time, and then I think they are so brilliant that I snap out of that fragile state into full consciousness, and forget it. It is frustrating. But in all likeliness I was probably thinking of some nonsense.
LastFM
my deviantART
Quote by saintjimmy99
thank you kindly. now feel free to put a quote from me in your sig that says whatever you like.