I picked up an Ibanez guitar on my summer trip to Europe, but the only problem is that I don't know what it is. I was told it was an RG1440 from around 1985 but I don't think thats right. Does anyone know what this is?:

what kind of pickups are there?
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
it reminds me of my S370 :/

Could be that.
In an interstellar burst! I am back to save the universe...
Last edited by Amalgam at Aug 20, 2007,
It dosn't look all that RG-ish
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
here go to this site and try to find it in resources>catalogs www.ibanezrules.com. I'm tired right now
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Wait... dose it have TWO pickup switches?!
Quote by bananahammock
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
Well I can tell you right now its not an RG. Thats for sure. Its an S series of some kind. I doubt its that old either. It should say something on the back of the head stock. For a year, check under the neck or give us the serial number.
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

The body looks like the Ibanez Roadstar. Owner swapped the neck with an Wizard neck maybe.
FS/T: Ibanez RG570, IBZ/DiMarzio V8 Pup

Member #6 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
I can't find a serial number anywhere on it. Its definitely not an S because it doesn't have the contoured S body. It may be a Roadstar because I've seen a lot of Roadstars that look like it, but I can't seem to find the exact one. I don't think the owner swapped the neck because I bought it from a store and I was told it was unmodded.
Quote by mlogans91
I can't find a serial number anywhere on it. Its definitely not an S because it doesn't have the contoured S body. It may be a Roadstar because I've seen a lot of Roadstars that look like it, but I can't seem to find the exact one. I don't think the owner swapped the neck because I bought it from a store and I was told it was unmodded.

Where did you buy it from? If they bought it from someone used then how would they know for sure?
FS/T: Ibanez RG570, IBZ/DiMarzio V8 Pup

Member #6 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
E-mail Ibanez with pics. I'm pretty sure they should know.
Quote by bananahammock
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
I bought it from a store called Instrumenti Musical, and I think it was new but it did have a couple of dings and I don't speak French (the store owner spoke a little bit of English) so I can't be sure.
Its really hard to tell. Def not a RG 1440, don't know who told you that. If it was the store, they'll need some help in the future.

But, anyways, how much did you pay for it?