Okay, so I really want a new guitar, I am not completely satisfied with the one I currently have, for me it does not give a heavy enough sound. With that being said, I want a guitar thas is good for metal.

I saw and liked a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser, however it does not include a bridge that is able to have a whammy bar, and the ones that do have a floyd rose bridge, which I absolutly hate because of it "floating". It's extremely annoying to tune and since I see myself switching tunes alot I do not want this bridge.

I would really like a good guitar with EMG 85 and 81 pickups concidering I've heard alot about them being the best metal pickups and I would like to try them out. I also want to be able to dive bomb with my whammy bar. Lastly I would really perfer no flying V's. I like to sit down and play my guitar.

Can anyone please point me in the direction of guitars that have what I am looking for?
well first off....if you want to divebomb....your gonna need a floating type tremolo bridge. You cant divebomb on say a fender style tremolo or a bigsby tremolo...you'll divebomb your way out of tune. What you need is a Floyd Rose type tremolo ( Kahler, Ibanez Zero Resistance, Edge tremolos etc...) if i were you id go with the Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR ( FR is the model with the floyd rose) youll just have to stick with one tuning ( or get good at adjusting your trem all the time) and learn to go easy on the strings so that your not breakin one every month.
well if ur gonna be tuggin on a whammy bar i would suggest u get a locking trem of some sort.

If u have another guitar, maybe u could just keep one detuned and one in standard?

whats ur budget?
Quote by ktomjr
well first off....if you want to divebomb....your gonna need a floating type tremolo bridge. You cant divebomb on say a fender style tremolo or a bigsby tremolo...you'll divebomb your way out of tune. What you need is a Floyd Rose type tremolo ( Kahler, Ibanez Zero Resistance, Edge tremolos etc...) if i were you id go with the Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR ( FR is the model with the floyd rose) youll just have to stick with one tuning ( or get good at adjusting your trem all the time) and learn to go easy on the strings so that your not breakin one every month.

So your saying the best thing to do would be to just suck up disadvantages and get the floyd rose anyway?

Quote by Hezix
well if ur gonna be tuggin on a whammy bar i would suggest u get a locking trem of some sort.

If u have another guitar, maybe u could just keep one detuned and one in standard?

whats ur budget?

I have another guitar, which also has a floyd rose bridge, thats the reason why I wanted to avoid it so much, I don't like it at all.

My budget is no more than $800. That includes also getting a used guitar for that price, it doesn't have to be new.

(Sorry, typo on the budget).
Last edited by Dragonblood21 at Aug 20, 2007,
You're not going to find any kind of tremolo that will allow you to do dive-bombs properly, and also is easy to work with for re-tuning, and which won't make you get completely out of tune whenever you use it. You just can't have all three; no such thing exists. if you want to do crazy whammy bar antics and remain in tune, you have to put up with the fact that retuning and string changing and whatever, is going to start taking more time and effort.

Of course if you use that many different tunings and have specific special requirements, it might be a better idea to have a couple of guitars and keep them perminantly set up for your most commonly used tunings. Personally the only tunings I ever use are standard and (E) and down a half-step (Eb), but even just for those two I got sick of re-tuning, now I've got a couple of instruments in each and my god does it make your life easier.

All that said, depending on your budget, it'd probably be a good idea for you to take a look at various guitars made by Ibanez - the higher end things like the RGT3120 or JEM 77V would probably suit your needs. Pickups aren't exactly what you're after but they're as close as damn it, and of course you could always change the pickups anyway.
If you've not got so much money to spend, and you're hell-bent on that sound, just pick up any average thing which has a floyd rose, and buy your pickups of choice for it - it's better you do this and get the two features you want most on an average body, than getting something that's gorgeous but doesn't have everything you're after.

ED: replied while I was writing. I hate when that happens.

$800? Yeah uh... you're kind of screwed then really if you want something off-the-shelf.
Seriously, just buy the pickups you want, should be what, a few hundred $ (they're a bit over £150 here for the pair of 85 and 81, I'm figuring that'll be about $270 or so?), leaving you with a fair few hundred to spend on the body. You shoulf be able to get something pretty decent (personally, I just gravitate to whatever I think looks best...) with that, and have the pickups installed. If you're happy buying used, you could end up with something very nice.
As far as the floyd rose goes, it really is about the best you can get. Maybe you should look into the floyd rose speedloaders.
Last edited by bokuho at Aug 20, 2007,
You wouldnt be happy doing divebombs without a FR, Trust me. It may be annoying to
retune it, but hey, it sure beats having to tune up every time u touch the whammy bar. I guess you gotta go with the Floating trem or go without it. Theres not really an in between option. I would get a Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR, or an ESP EX 400.

Sorry I couldn't be more of a help.
Btw, you ever think it might be your amp thats not giving you a pleasing sound?
Quote by bokuho
You're not going to find any kind of tremolo that will allow you to do dive-bombs properly, and also is easy to work with for re-tuning, and which won't make you get completely out of tune whenever you use it. You just can't have all three; no such thing exists. if you want to do crazy whammy bar antics and remain in tune, you have to put up with the fact that retuning and string changing and whatever, is going to start taking more time and effort.

Of course if you use that many different tunings and have specific special requirements, it might be a better idea to have a couple of guitars and keep them perminantly set up for your most commonly used tunings. Personally the only tunings I ever use are standard and (E) and down a half-step (Eb), but even just for those two I got sick of re-tuning, now I've got a couple of instruments in each and my god does it make your life easier.

All that said, depending on your budget, it'd probably be a good idea for you to take a look at various guitars made by Ibanez - the higher end things like the RGT3120 or JEM 77V would probably suit your needs. Pickups aren't exactly what you're after but they're as close as damn it, and of course you could always change the pickups anyway.
If you've not got so much money to spend, and you're hell-bent on that sound, just pick up any average thing which has a floyd rose, and buy your pickups of choice for it - it's better you do this and get the two features you want most on an average body, than getting something that's gorgeous but doesn't have everything you're after.

ED: replied while I was writing. I hate when that happens.

$800? Yeah uh... you're kind of screwed then really if you want something off-the-shelf.
Seriously, just buy the pickups you want, should be what, a few hundred $ (they're a bit over £150 here for the pair of 85 and 81, I'm figuring that'll be about $270 or so?), leaving you with a fair few hundred to spend on the body. You shoulf be able to get something pretty decent (personally, I just gravitate to whatever I think looks best...) with that, and have the pickups installed. If you're happy buying used, you could end up with something very nice.
As far as the floyd rose goes, it really is about the best you can get. Maybe you should look into the floyd rose speedloaders.

Allright, so the best thing to do here is obviouslly suck it up and deal with the disadvantages of a Floyd rose.

I can only do that to a certian point. I only have 1 other guitar to work with once I get a new one, so I will keep one in standard (most likelly the old one) and put a new one in a tuning of my choice.

I've looked into Ibanez, as well as the model you said, and it seems as though that model is a bit out of my budget =\. I will probably wind up doing what you said, or just getting the Hellraiser FR, concidering it has almost everyting I would want. I was hoping there was another bridge that allows me to dive bomb and lets me tune easier, but if thats not possible then the Hellraiser FR is in my price range, and has the pickups I want.

Thanks everyone for the help.