When I play some notes on my A,D or G string, they sound fine. But when I play on my E string, all I hear is some kind of booming sound, the notes are not so clear sounding as on the other strings.
Is this because my behringer amp cant handle this? or is my bass just not set-up properly? Its a Fender Classic Jazz Bass btw
Guitars
Fender Classic 60's Jazz Bass
Squier P-Bass
Fender Classic '50s Strat
Parkwood Western
Terada Classic
Amps
Ampeg SVT150H
Ampeg B410HE
Behringer BX600
FX
Boss OS2
Boss DS1
Boss TU3
Digitech RP100A
What size is your speaker?
But yeah, lowering the bass like delerium said should help.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Quote by Banana Ocean
When I play some notes on my A,D or G string, they sound fine. But when I play on my E string, all I hear is some kind of booming sound, the notes are not so clear sounding as on the other strings.
Is this because my behringer amp cant handle this? or is my bass just not set-up properly? Its a Fender Classic Jazz Bass btw

Tell us what amp you use also are the pickups flat/even or is the E string end higher than the G string end?
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
I have a Behringer BX600, And the pick-ups are higher at the d and g strings
Guitars
Fender Classic 60's Jazz Bass
Squier P-Bass
Fender Classic '50s Strat
Parkwood Western
Terada Classic
Amps
Ampeg SVT150H
Ampeg B410HE
Behringer BX600
FX
Boss OS2
Boss DS1
Boss TU3
Digitech RP100A
So your pickups are crooked? Try lowering the bass, then let us know what happens.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
IMO you should never cut a knob past 10 o'clock, or crank over 2 o'clock. This does indeed sound like you're being a bit ridiculous with the bass knob. Also, compression should help even things out if it's boomy and too loud.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
the 60 watt version has a single 10" if i remember correctly. 1x10+Behringer=MEGAPHAIL below A
i thought i had magic fingers once, and had uncovered the fountain of love.

turns out my girlfriend was just peeing on me.
Quote by thefitz
IMO you should never cut a knob past 10 o'clock, or crank over 2 o'clock. This does indeed sound like you're being a bit ridiculous with the bass knob. Also, compression should help even things out if it's boomy and too loud.

really ..my bass knob is always at 10...but my amp is never really loud enough to get the full effects and my trebel is at 10 when i play slap and when i finger pick my trebel is at 1 and my mid at like 7 or 8

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
he means o'clock, not on a scale from 1-10. 10 o'clock would be approx. 4 on a numbered dial.
i thought i had magic fingers once, and had uncovered the fountain of love.

turns out my girlfriend was just peeing on me.
But what Fitz is describing only applies if you have cut/boost switches, numbered volume knobs don't work the same.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
Quote by Narcotics
really ..my bass knob is always at 10...but my amp is never really loud enough to get the full effects and my trebel is at 10 when i play slap and when i finger pick my trebel is at 1 and my mid at like 7 or 8

What amp do you use ie watts etc?
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by sinan90
But what Fitz is describing only applies if you have cut/boost switches, numbered volume knobs don't work the same.

Totally, but I thought only tube heads would have a passive EQ? Hell, my Rumble 15 has +/- db.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..