I'd say generate more wrist movement for the picking, you can see your forearm looks quite strained and its moving around for the picking motion, try to make it generate totally from the wrist and use the elbow to change strings

Looks like the right track though

EDIT:

I'll bump this in a minute, i want to pos a [shoddily done, just quickly recorded on youtubes quick upload feature] video which basically shows my technique and i'd like it critted [although not for pute 100% sloppyness, it wasn't intended to be spot on, jsut a quick show]
Last edited by philipisabeast at Aug 20, 2007,
^ There's lots of arguments for it but simply since i've started playing unanchored it's generally just easier to play

Like if you have your hand rooted down on the bridge then you're basically just twisting it and moving your fingers to get to the other strings, and closing in your playing, once you've gotten the hand of having a floating arm you realise just how easy it is to just completely move position for your picking and it also means that it can become easier to get down more complex pattern - i'm not saying that its impossible for anchored playing, hell im just saying for me i find it removes alot of stress related to picking
Quote by insideac
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dkeAVB3DewI

Hows my picking hand? Be as brutal as possible; I am free all week and wanna clean up my right hand. I do tremolo picking, 3 notes per string picking, and 4 notes per string picking in that video.

Wanna do the video again with clean tone? It's hard to hear with the distortion.

I know you were asking about your picking hand, but I was noticing you lifting your fretting fingers pretty far off the fretboard to play. You might wanna work on tightening up your motions.
Quote by troyponce
Wanna do the video again with clean tone? It's hard to hear with the distortion.

I know you were asking about your picking hand, but I was noticing you lifting your fretting fingers pretty far off the fretboard to play. You might wanna work on tightening up your motions.

Ill try to take the video again with clean tone, and yes I lift my fingers off far from the board on purpose, it gives me better timing and sense of rhythm. If I chose to speed it up, my motions would get smaller and smaller the faster I go, its not like I can't control it
Quote by insideac
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dkeAVB3DewI

Hows my picking hand? Be as brutal as possible; I am free all week and wanna clean up my right hand. I do tremolo picking, 3 notes per string picking, and 4 notes per string picking in that video.

The chromatics are really sloppy. If you watch it, you see your hand (using first-finger positions) is like 1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..10...11...14...16...
It's not clean at all..you really need to put another video up using a clean sound.

I can't tell how clean or sloppy the rest is..just sounds like a wall of noise.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Let me guess, distortion coming from a digital pedalboard... Man, digital emulation of a rectifier sound sucks hard... believe me, try a crunch distortion with the gain high, you will notice it gets way cleaner... at least in my V-amp...