Well iv just bought one.. should be here by Friday, iv been looking on youtube and i love the amp (or i wouldnt of bought it...), but can this amp be played without a cab? Or am i going to have to invest another £200 in a cabinet.. but for the time being i can hold out without the cabinet.. k cheers
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Harley Benton Cab (Shut up.)
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
well i saw a clip.. it was a Randall RG so and so.. and he was simply playing it threw the head.
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
If its a head you will certainly need a speaker cab, using a head without will mess up the head. Never power up a head without a cabinet.
well does it have to be a specific cabinet? If so which cabinet, or can it just be a cheap one?
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
Any Cab will work as long as the speakers are the right impedance for the amp. just make sure if the amp is say 8ohms the cab is also 8.
you NEED a speaker cabinet.

Try for something at least 200watts, and you need to match in impedance.

The randall G2 cabs are really cheap, because their on their way out.

I'd say try for a Marshall 1960AV or an Orange 4x12. It'll be well worth your money.
Yes, you need a cabinet. And to answer your question no it doesn't have to be a specific one, but I would urge you to get a good quality one. Good speakers help your sound a great deal, and you can really tell the difference between a good cab and a bad one!