Page 1 of 2
Who is gonna get Bioshock tomorrow

I might if there not all taken don't like to preorder

I played the demo on my 360 and it was really freaky the audio in that game is insane with all the people talking it really freaked me out

the game got a great review http://pc.ign.com/articles/813/813641p1.html

maybe game of the year ;p
Quote by clint160
Computer: $500
Internet Connection: $20
Getting caught masturbating on webcam:
priceless
Just looks kinda weird to me..

I don't understand why everyone is raving about it.

Is there actually a story to it?
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
This game seems absolutely fantastic. I'll be getting it, but being a cheap bastard I'll probably wait a while and see if it comes down in price.
I'm picking it up for sure after school tomorrow.

The game looks siiiick. It's been getting nothing but 9's and 10's.

[[ Don't you ever, ever, ever trust my mercy. ]]
I'm going to get it for sure. It really reminds me of Deus Ex.

I just hope they don't sell out too quick
i just downloaded the demo for that and stranglehold, havent played bioshock yet, but stranglehold was a ****load of fun, im loving it..ill have to try the bioshock one soon
I love that demo, the graphics are so freakin' good! And i love the dark comedy in it:

Splincher: "I think this guys just popped his cherry!..."

I cant buy it though, aint got the moolah.

The plot is that your plane crashes in the middle of the atlantic and you discover this under-water metropolis (think 1950's decore and lighting) which has been taken over by genetically-altered mutants called Splinchers and you got to survive....It's great
Quote by Moggan13
I love that demo, the graphics are so freakin' good! And i love the dark comedy in it:

Splincher: "I think this guys just popped his cherry!..."

I cant buy it though, aint got the moolah.

The plot is that your plane crashes in the middle of the atlantic and you discover this under-water metropolis (think 1950's decore and lighting) which has been taken over by genetically-altered mutants called Splinchers and you got to survive....It's great

I believe they're called Splicers, I think.
Sorry, not trying to nit-pick.

[[ Don't you ever, ever, ever trust my mercy. ]]
I was a little disapointed by the 360 demo, will wait until I can try it out for my PC (can't play FPS-games on a console anyway, stupid Microsoft!!).
I think it could turn out to be a great game, but I don't think it'll be as good as Condemned.
I'm thinking about it. But I really want Mass Effect. I can't play the demo because my xbox won't connect to the internet for some reason. Something wrong with my network, but that doesn't bother me much due to the fact that I play xbox once a month.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Quote by AvengedThrice

thats what i want to know.

here's what the wikipedia has to say:

Setting

The underwater city of RaptureThe game takes place in 1960 in a fictional large underwater metropolis called Rapture. Built in 1946 by Andrew Ryan, Rapture was designed to be entirely self-supporting, with all of its electricity, food production, water purification and defense systems powered by undersea volcanic openings. At one point, it is learned that Rapture's population numbered several thousand at its peak during the early 1950s, composed of those people Ryan viewed as the best examples of mankind. A large and tiered economy grew among the people, catering different quality products to different levels of the society.

A scientific discovery upset the balance of the society. Two scientists studying ocean-floor dwelling creatures discovered a species of sea slug that could secrete stem cells. These could be used to enhance one's body, improving physical or mental capabilities, curing diseases and healing injuries. A young German scientist named Bridgette Tenenbaum invested early on in the research to gain control over the material. The substance, dubbed "ADAM", became so sought after in the society, that it became the dominant currency of the city. A "full-scale genetic arms race" broke out between Ryan and Tenenbaum as Tenenbaum's monopoly on ADAM threatened the current social structure. Ryan eventually won, but everyone in the city was permanently changed. During the war, it was discovered that ADAM could be used to modify one's body, combining technology and mutations to adapt and survive the conflict, but losing their humanity in the process. During the conflict, all natural sources of ADAM were destroyed, which eventually resulted in a major shift in the "ecology" of the city, as all inhabitants had become biologically dependent on ADAM to survive. On New Year's Day in 1959, attacks with biological weapons lead to the downfall of Rapture's society, and the city fell into a state of disrepair.

[edit] Plot
The game opens in 1960. The player assumes the role of Jack, a passenger on an aircraft that crashes into the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. Jack swims for the only structure he sees, a lighthouse that serves as the above-surface entry point into Rapture - a grand metropolis under the water. Descending into the city using a bathysphere, he learns of the original prosperous history of Rapture through a pre-recorded film, narrated by the founder of Rapture, Andrew Ryan; but upon arrival the Player discovers that the once-prosperous city has decayed into a shadow of it's former self. He is quickly led to safety by a man named Atlas, who communicates to Jack over a short-wave radio; Atlas believes that Jack is his only hope in reuniting with his wife and child. After moving through several levels of flooding infrastructure, the player is discovered by Andrew Ryan, who communicates with the player, assuming him to be an intelligence officer sent by either the KGB or the CIA.

[edit] Enemies
Four main categories of enemies are encountered:

Aggressors (Splicers): Deformed, genetically modified Rapture citizens who are now remnants of Ryan's army, the Aggressors cannot survive without ADAM due to their extensive biological modifications. Early Splicers seem to be referred to according to their weapon preference, such as "Leadhead" for those who prefer guns. They wear little or no armor, and normally roam the levels of Rapture, searching for other inhabitants to kill and steal ADAM from. As their name would suggest, they are aggressive and quick to attack, and will use their enhanced physical strength, group tactics and, sometimes, semi-biological weapons to kill all in their path. Most of the Splicers are wearing the masquerade ball masks that were worn during the 1959 New Year's Day party. (One character muses, "I wonder why they wear the masks? Maybe it's because they have a shred of humanity left, and they're ashamed of what they've become.")[12]
Gatherers (Little Sisters): The Little Sisters, genetically modified prepubescent girls, were originally conceived as slug-like sea creatures.[13] The Gatherers, whom Dr. Tenenbaum created as a solution to the ADAM shortage, extract the inert ADAM from the dead (which they call "angels") using retractable needle syringes and then consume it, their bodies reprocessing it into a usable form. The BioShock team designed these characters in order to draw out an emotional response from players, who face an ethical choice between saving or murdering little girls to obtain a much-needed resource. Nevertheless, doing so is severely difficult, due to their symbiotic relationship with the Protectors. According to lead designer Ken Levine, the Gatherers have a direct link with the main character. In a recently released audio file, Levine clarifies that the player cannot physically harm a Little Sister directly, but can "harvest" the ADAM from them (a process which they will not survive), by forcibly extracting the sea slug from within their bodies. This will be presented via audio, and a black screen.[14] Players are also given the option to "rescue" the Gatherers, which nets only half the ADAM of a harvest, but makes an ally of their benefactor, Dr. Tenenbaum, who presents herself early in the game, providing the tools needed to rescue these creatures, along with promises of future compensation. This compensation, among them plasmid upgrades few other inhabitants of Rapture possess, makes rescue a desirable long-term strategy. Ultimately, the player's decision vis-à-vis the Little Sisters will influence the game's ending.
Protectors (Big Daddies, or Mr. Bubbles and Mr. B as the Gatherers call them, also called Metal Daddies by Splicers): Mute, lumbering bio-mechanical monstrosities, created to protect the Gatherers. They are heavily armored and wield high-powered weaponry, usually including a large drill. Their armor somewhat resembles a large diving suit. Most of the inhabitants stay out of the way of the Gatherers and Protectors. They will not attack the player unless provoked and according to lead designer Paul Hellquist: "Once you mess with them, you find out why no one messes with them." In a recent trailer/commentary for BioShock, it was revealed that, despite their size and typically slow movements, they become incredibly fast once engaged, in some cases quicker than the player character. However, the player can defeat them easily enough if the correct plasmids are used, such as shooting bolts of lightning at a Big Daddy standing in a pool of water. There are so far two known types of Big Daddies: Rosies and Bouncers; Bouncers are the close combat type with different detachable arm-mounted weapons, one of which is a drill. Rosies attack from long range due to the large rivet gun they are armed with.
Security Bots: Throughout the city of Rapture, they are called via alarm by various security cameras. Security bots hover and fly using rotors and are armed with machine guns. When disturbed, the security cameras' siren will sound and an unlimited supply of security bots will pour out for a limited time. There are three ways of taking down security bots: the player can attempt to destroy them, shut off the security system by paying the money demanded to access a Bot Shutdown switch, or manually hack into their systems. Hacking bots and other mechanical devices prompts a mini-game resembling Pipe Dream. The security system can also be suborned by the player, either by "hacking" it or using the "Security Bullseye" plasmid on an enemy.
i almost threw away my guitar fun for an xbox 360 and bioshock

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

I think it's more of a "here's an awesome world with a lot of lore. Feel free to explore" kinda thing rather than character development and such.
Quote by AvengedThrice

yeah the big part about the game is how in depth the story goes and if you don't run through the game you'll see some cool stuff.

Like little side stories like you see posters up for a lost girl in the beginning of the game, and later on when your going through an apartment you find the dead parents of that girl in one of the rooms with a bottle of pills (they committed suicide over there lost daughter.

the story as to be good being as there isn't any multilayer...i think
Quote by clint160
Computer: $500
Internet Connection: $20
Getting caught masturbating on webcam:
priceless
I might get it for PC. I want The Orange Box (well I already have HL2 and HL2:Ep1 so I will just get the new games.) and I want Oblivion more. I need to save up to build a new PC first though.
Quote by Renka
I was a little disapointed by the 360 demo, will wait until I can try it out for my PC (can't play FPS-games on a console anyway, stupid Microsoft!!).
I think it could turn out to be a great game, but I don't think it'll be as good as Condemned.

It takes practice to get used to shooters on console games. I've seen people with tip-top precision aiming.

I remember how badly I sucked the first time I tried a shooter on a console...
Quote by Archaon
It takes practice to get used to shooters on console games. I've seen people with tip-top precision aiming.

I remember how badly I sucked the first time I tried a shooter on a console...

All I know is I've tried a lot of them (from Goldeneye to Bioschock) and I still haven't enjoyed a single one, it just don't work for me.

Thankfully, Sony allows the use of keyboards and mouse for their consoles. Ah, RTS and FPS friendliness...
I know that PC dominates FPS and RTS but you can't have a decent fighting game on PC. Or any decent racing games unless you use a wheel. Action RPG's as well are better IMO on console. Shenmue on a PC? I think not. Capcom vs Marvel? Ha, yeah right. And besides console gaming are much cheaper compared to PC gaming. Look at the PS2. They still make games for it. If you bought your PC the year PS2 came out, could you still play new games on it today without a lot of costly upgrades?
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
I think I'm going to have to play this, seems to do what Deus Ex tried to do, but perfectly as opposed to the not quite fluid enough Deus Ex, then throws in the briliant characterisation of HL2, adds some glorious art deco touches and lets you shoot bees out of your arm......

btw, you can dl it over steam if anyone is interested.
songs: Left Behind choices
Quote by MadClownDisease
Well I can top you all, I've done my mum, my step brother AND a cat. As well as quite a few corpses.
Quote by Renka
I think it's more of a "here's an awesome world with a lot of lore. Feel free to explore" kinda thing rather than character development and such.

Morrowind with guns ftw? I wasn't too excited before due to the lack of online or any multiplayer for that matter, but now that I read the review I might have to get it.
Dickless.
Last edited by MetalMilitia212 at Aug 20, 2007,
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Morrowind with guns ftw?

More like Half-life 2 mixed with Fallout mixed with Condemned.

And a touch of Silent Hill and pseudo scientific-based magic.
the demo's supposed to have been released on fileplanet today, but hasnt been yet. i really wanna play this.
I'm not normally drawn into the whole videogame hype thing, least of all because I don't have any consoles, but this game looks awesome! Not as good as that new Steam game where you have to shoot those weird wormhole around though. Now that game looks awesome.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
"A PC-demo WILL be released before the full version of the game is" they said.

Well, they've got four hours and fifteen minutes left on my clock.
I reserved mine yesterday....for 360. It is gonna PWN all others FPS/RPG's this year. Irrational games has a hit. It is the poineer of the smart A.I.
Quote by kingdomslayer91
I reserved mine yesterday....for 360. It is gonna PWN all others FPS/RPG's this year. Irrational games has a hit. It is the poineer of the smart A.I.

What A.I.; the enemies are acting retarded? F.E.A.R. had enemies with good A.I., these dudes just run straight towards you.
when you play the game...the A.I don't show up in the same place all the time. They also will adapt to your play style. If you run and gun...they will know and learn how to counter. If you use the enviornment alot...they know and they will flank you and such before you really get the chance. And yes...FEAR did have great A.I...not to this extent though. It also depends on what mode you are playing on. Easy: They are like dummies. Normal: They learn to a decent extent. Hard: Learn your every move.
Quote by Renka
More like Half-life 2 mixed with Fallout mixed with Condemned.

And a touch of Silent Hill and pseudo scientific-based magic.

Anything mixed with Half Life 2 is win.

EDIT: 66% on my demo download now .
Dickless.
Quote by AvengedThrice

Yes and supposedly it has one of the best plot twists to be in a video game... ever.

I can't wait, I'm picking it up on Wendsday.
I'm a person.
Quote by Yakult
I'm not normally drawn into the whole videogame hype thing, least of all because I don't have any consoles, but this game looks awesome! Not as good as that new Steam game where you have to shoot those weird wormhole around though. Now that game looks awesome.

Portal? That was actually a mod for Half-Life 2 which was made into a full game.
I'm a person.
it looks epic but i would rather get madden 08
Sigs Are For Pussies
Quote by AvengedThrice

The story is one of the main pulling points for me :O

I ordered this game off play.com, so hopefully will get it on Thursday/Friday(it's released on Friday over here ).
Quote by AvengedThrice

Yea, the entire game is about the story line.
uhhhh, yea
Page 1 of 2