Page 1 of 2
I just wanted to post this to show respect to the late and great Dimebag. He was a true guitar inovator and left us way to early. DIME WILL NOT BE FORGOTTEN He is my personal hero. May the greatest man ever alive RIP
Infact, I've already forgotten him.
And I wish other people would too and stop saying this **** everywhere.
Quote by 94 hours

Quote by dumps
i dont really know what is good so maybe you guys could give me some suggestions of a good practice amp with some a effects between 70 and 100pound. cheers

your buying an amp based on weight??
i like him and all but i think it's time to let go of the past man. dimebag's gone and he aint coming back
Quote by ShaunDiel
Listen to this man. His 2 ideas in five minutes have shat all over your serious ideas.
Quote by Lateralus17
I hate you.

And he was a terrible guitarist.

Shut the flying fuck up.

Yes there are a lot of annoying little trendy kids who jump on Dimebag after he died and claim he's the greatest thing to happen to guitar (though we can't just presume the threadstarter is one of these people), but you're just being a tosser.

He wasn't a terrible guitarist, he was a top quality guitarist who had taste and a great ear for a good metal riff (not two things which often go hand in hand). Sure he's very overrated but by no means was he terrible. Even if he was a terrible guitarist, who cares? He was a nice guy and he deserves to be remembered for his contribution to the metal genre and metal guitar playing.

Rest In Peace.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by mondo_bizzaro
wow none of you people know how much dimebag did do you

how much he did? like drink too much, play average metal, and have whoever is in charge of his estate market the hell out of his death?
Quote by mondo_bizzaro

I'd never heard of him until he died

Yes, he did so so much for me
Quote by diamondbakk666
I just wanted to post this to show respect to the late and great Dimebag. He was a true guitar inovator and left us way to early. DIME WILL NOT BE FORGOTTEN He is my personal hero. May the greatest man ever alive RIP

you metal scenester
I'm just curious, but did you know anything about Dimebag Darrel before he died? (To the topic creator, or course)
Quote by diamondbakk666
May the greatest man ever alive RIP

If you really think this, I'm crying for you and laughing at you at the same time.

Damnit, he was a good Guitarist, and that's it. A simple "Hey, you were cool Dime, happy birthday." is the MOST you need to say.
Quote by Jesus Himself Christ
You know, you're one pretty cool guy, Kylster.

Please click this and critique some little ditties I done madeified myselfins!
Quote by Lateralus17
I hate you.

+1
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Quote by mondo_bizzaro

Honestly, what the hell did Dimebag do to me?
I've never met him.
He never applied any good attributes to my life.
I could give two ****s.
Quote by Lateralus17
I hate you.

Reported. There's no need for that.

Happy Birthday Dimebag Sir.
RIP

All he did TBH, is left a bunch of ugly looking guitars....

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Quote by duncang
Shut the flying fuck up.

Yes there are a lot of annoying little trendy kids who jump on Dimebag after he died and claim he's the greatest thing to happen to guitar (though we can't just presume the threadstarter is one of these people), but you're just being a tosser.

He wasn't a terrible guitarist, he was a top quality guitarist who had taste and a great ear for a good metal riff (not two things which often go hand in hand). Sure he's very overrated but by no means was he terrible. Even if he was a terrible guitarist, who cares? He was a nice guy and he deserves to be remembered for his contribution to the metal genre and metal guitar playing.

Rest In Peace.

QFT.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
personally, i think all thosse who said a bad word about dimebag (RIP) are going to hell, you should houner and remeber the dead if you liked them or if you hated them

R.I.P dude
HEY LOOK FREE BEER DUDES

NUMBAH 1 MEMBER OF BEAVIS AND BUTTHEAD OWN CLUB Pm me to join

Member of the "I Hope MCR Are In a Plane Crash and There Are No Survivors" Club
PM sunnysayshi To Join

UG Profile
Quote by danielrobbyshor
+1

You like Machine Head?

...what the hell?

Rob Flynn and Phil Demmel got almost all of their influence from Dimebag. Their styles are quite similar, and the only reason I could imagine one would like one but not the other is Dime's tone, which can be a little grating.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by Ninosbarkho
" Just " ?
Worlds best man

Yep. I also hear that Paul Gilbert, Randy Rhoads, Buckethead, and other metal guitarists are the best.
Quote by izzy100
personally, i think all thosse who said a bad word about dimebag (RIP) are going to hell, you should houner and remeber the dead if you liked them or if you hated them

R.I.P dude

so it's wrong to criticize hitler, by your logic...
Quote by izzy100

R.I.P dude

Him dying has no effect whatsoever on his talent as a guitarist.
Happy Birthday Dime, you ****ing rocked!

R. I. P.

Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by The Madcap
Yep. I also hear that Paul Gilbert, Randy Rhoads, Buckethead, and other metal guitarists are the best.

precisely. leave it to metalheads to put guitar players up there with gandhi, Martin Luther King, and Mother Theresa. you don't hear blues guys saying "OMGZ BB KING = BLUES HES BETTER THAN CHUCK NORRIS "

honestly, dime dying was great from a marketing standpoint, because millions of middle school metalheads will feel really cool and deep wearing a t-shirt with him standing in the clouds with angel wings giving you the rock horns.
Last edited by hrdcorelaxplaya at Aug 20, 2007,
I happen to like dimebag, he really was a great guitarist.. But enough of this bull "BEST EVER CRAP, I MISS HIM RIP RIP"

Just look back with a good thought on his life... And leave it that way... NO need for the rest of UG to be told in the face about your feelings on his bday god..
Member no.3 of the 'Jack Daniels is an Ignorant Prick' club
Quote by fetus989
It's also Robert Plant's birthday.

...Yay?
:/

yeah but robert plant aint dead
Quote by diamondbakk666
May the greatest man ever alive

The greatest ever? really?
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass