Okay heres the thing... I need a new amp, and I am going to buy one right after my birthday (its a little to expensive to be a birthday present) I am going for the Roland Cube 60 since it should be the best SS metal amp out there.. But now I fell over the metal muff and really like the sound of it (havent tried the amp only the muff) but I am really desperate in need of birthday wishes, and since I already like the tone of the muff it would maybe be a great wish..

But would it be overkill to get this thing before I even havent tried the Cubes inbuilt distortion yet?

And a side question.. I own a Digitech RP200 multi effekt box.. is it possible to plug the muff into the box and then from the box into some speakers? (just to fool around before I go get my Cube)
Well, the Cube is a modeling amp, and pedals don't usually work well with modelers.
Also I think if you want to try the MM, why not just do it at the store? I don't know how you would plug an MM into a multi-effect, but it would probably sound like crap.

One more thing: Any particular reason you're not getting a tube amp?

PinkEdit: And the Cube is not the best SS metal amp out there, it's the best SS metal amp on a budget.
No

Waste of money with a modelling amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
The amp will only be used for home practise band practise, jamming, and maybe some small gigs.. And since I probably will carry it from house to house alot, I dont think it would be the best idea with a tube amp, dont really wanna break tubes from day to day..

Well then please do name better SS metal amps.. I would really like to know more options

anyway... havent bought anything yet.. How would it sound the MM sound in a vox AD? The only reason to buy an Cube over the AD is for the distortion right?
Last edited by Ruzzido at Aug 20, 2007,
Bah, the cube is a ****e reciever of distortion pedals and what not!

Maybe get a wah pedal instead? Something thats not actually on the cube!

^TS he was referring to the pedal! not the amp! the amp is fine!
Well already got a wah in my RP200 and its not being used that much yet..
Yeah, but that multi so its gonna sound **** with the cube. So if you ever do need it you wont have it.

And imo its always handy to have! Learn new stuff with it! Like you have everything else so why not!
Quote by False_God
Bah, the cube is a ****e reciever of distortion pedals and what not!

Maybe get a wah pedal instead? Something thats not actually on the cube!

^TS he was referring to the pedal! not the amp! the amp is fine!

is the cube a digital modeling amp? if not, why would a distortion pedal sound ****ty through it?
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
nah, I dont wanna go for a wah yet.. But how would the Vox and a MM work together again?
Still not good, because the Vox is also a modeler. Also don't worry about the durability of a tube amp, tubes don't break that easily. As long as you don't drop it down a flight of stairs, it will be fine.
Quote by phatsack
is the cube a digital modeling amp? if not, why would a distortion pedal sound ****ty through it?

I dont know they just do! From experience like! yuck!
dont got the money for a tube amp either.. nah I am sticking with the Cube 60..
Quote by phatsack

because the pre-amp is litteraly a computer. it's programed to receive a standard guitar sine wave signal. a distortion pedal clips the top of the wave and compresses it (what distortion really is, signal clipping/compression), and basically confuses the **** outa the computer and the end result is ****e.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Quote by gpderek09
because the pre-amp is litteraly a computer. it's programed to receive a standard guitar sine wave signal. a distortion pedal clips the top of the wave and compresses it (what distortion really is, signal clipping/compression), and basically confuses the **** outa the computer and the end result is ****e.

if the preamp is a computer than that would mean it's digital right? I didn't think cubes were digital...oh well
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Quote by phatsack
if the preamp is a computer than that would mean it's digital right? I didn't think cubes were digital...oh well

they're modeling amps. modeling = digital = computer. an analogue amp with that many pre-sets would be huge, and there would be a **** load of circuitry.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

I have a modeling pre (tech21 tri-ac) and it is analog, so no modeling does not always = digital. plus I have used a big muff in front of it with good results, so distortion in front of modeling does not always = crap
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Quote by phatsack
I have a modeling pre (tech21 tri-ac) and it is analog, so no modeling does not always = digital. plus I have used a big muff in front of it with good results, so distortion in front of modeling does not always = crap

no offense, but that pedal is huge. why? it's modeling, and only three modes can be done analogue. i'm talking modeling amps like the cubes, voxes, and line 6, who's pre-amp sections are a hulluva lot smaller than that pedal and store many more pre-sets, rather than 3 modes.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

i got a cube60 and i don't think that opinions like "cube is modeling=cube is s**t" are true

it's not a mesa boogie rectifier or whatever, but guess what, it doesn't cost 1500$ either

i think you should stick with the cube until you have money to buy a GOOD valve amplifier. otherwise, you will still want to get another amp after the low-cost-valve-amp and that's wasting money, since you're only using it for practise and eventually some small gigs
Quote by Tweak88
i got a cube60 and i don't think that opinions like "cube is modeling=cube is s**t" are true

it's not a mesa boogie rectifier or whatever, but guess what, it doesn't cost 1500$ either

i think you should stick with the cube until you have money to buy a GOOD valve amplifier. otherwise, you will still want to get another amp after the low-cost-valve-amp and that's wasting money, since you're only using it for practise and eventually some small gigs

no one said it was ****.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565