normally i do all my warmups (stretching exercises, chromatics, etc.) sitting down, but today i decided to do everything standing up (new Jimi Hendrix strap and strap locks inspired this move) and when i did some of the more difficult stretches, especially higher on the neck my wrist began hurting. Anyways i was just wondering if this happens to anyone else and whether i should just play through it because its just those particular muscles need strengthened or what i should do.

thanks in advance for all feedback
Member 3 of the FINAL FANTASY VII club.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
that happened to me too, i always used to play sitting down and when i slapped on my strap and tried to play standing up, i sucked,my rist hurt, i got tired etc. really all i did was play a little more standing up and got used to it
ok thx..i figured that was wat it would be, i just wanted to make sure so i dont hurt myself in the long run

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Well, basically yeah it's because you're standing. You should either try practicing when standing up more often, or raise your guitar strap a lot. I'm a big fan of the theory that wherever your guitar is when you're sitting, that's where it should be when standing. Try that and see if it helps.
maybe you could adjust your strap
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Oh, but don't raise your guitar to your chin like Tom Morello. Not that it's bad for technique or anything, it just makes you look stupid
ill try adjusting but i think its about where i like it

You should probably just adjust your strap to a more comfortable height. If your wrist still continues to bother you then you should examine your technique. You shouldn't ever have any pain or stress when you're playing.

I recently ran into a problem where my wrist began to hurt. I've since then started to play in a more "classical" style position when sitting and raised my strap when standing. I haven't had much of a problem since then.