Well I've been listening to Opeth again and thus, I spawn another Opeth influenced original

EDIT: new version up
Attachments:
Blue Eyed Moon.zip
Blue Eyed Moon 2.zip
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

Last edited by NovemberRain273 at Aug 21, 2007,
I liked the beginning, the drums went really well! Nice 3/4 feel you have going! the first solo was also well done! Not too much, and constantly well done!

Sounds very Iron Maiden-y! Very, very awesome! I liked Riff 2 even better than i liked Riff 1!

What a great 12/8 feel you have going here!

Liked the acoustic break off too.

Riff D was my favorite! Very atonal and well put together!

Great song!

10/10, i wanna hear a real recording! XD

crit for crit?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=653192
4/4 is just so boring. <_<
I would have liked to see Riff E repeated more. That was my favorite riff. All the acoustics were very well excecuted. But sometimes it seemed like they were coming in just for the sake of it.

Overall though... Really well written. Really nice work.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Right im typing as i listen as if it is opeth inspired it is likely to be 15 minutes long and i wont be able to remember any of it - cool start riff and first solo is cool it all fits. The drums are cool - particulary the intro. I like riff B with the harmonised part. First acoustic part took me by surprise becuase it sounds louder than the distorted part - turn down. Good transition into Riff E. Like the 2nd acoustic part with the change and the chord part that follows that is cool. Good climatic ending. Overall a very good song that flows well and is solid - good job!!
If you get chance have a look at my song -
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=654335
Thanks alot guys!

I put a new version up. I totally agree with you burning angel, Riff E should be repeated more (it's my favorite riff too ) so I added it on the end, as well as another acoustic part.

EDIT: I also fixed the first transition into Riff D

Last edited by NovemberRain273 at Aug 21, 2007,
Thanks man

Very nice. I liked the placement of Riff E. I loved the acoustic part with the solo over it. And I loved the acoustic part/Riff F/G.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Thanks dude

That was f***king great man! Great solo at the start. Those acoustic parts.... I haven't heard so beatiful melody for a while. If something is Opeth it's Riff E. 188 - 203 is very beatiful too. Only bad thing is outro, try to make different one.
Gear

Schecter Hellraiser C-1
ENGL Thunder 50 E322
Blackstar HT-50
Framus 2x12 Cab
Yamaha HS50M

Founder of Opeth Fans Group
I have the recorded version up now in my profile, it's called Amaranthine

DUDE!!! Thats a good one. I love the harmonized notes at the Variation. And at Riff E i was banging my head so hard i though it was going to fall off!
But the only thing i found that held the song back a little was the sudden transitions. I know its hard to go from shredding to acoustic but i bet theres a way to make it smoother. Great song and keep up the AMAZING song writing!
Crit Mine?
VVVVVVV
I feel like I just wathced a movie. I felt the different emotions in the riffs n stuff and thats a huge part in music, making the listener feel the music like its telling a story. All the riffs were amazing. Riff A was my favourite. The acousitc bits fitted so well. i cant write much as all of it was amazing.

10/10 no doubts.

c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=657216

i know yours is like a masterpeice, and mine is like simple easy pop punk, but yeh any tips would be nice.