So would one play this? I've been playing it by muting the d and then strumming ADG, but I don't think this sounds right even though it's close. If it matters the song is "Pain" by Four Star Mary thanks in advance for the help...

E --------------
B --------------
G ---5-5-------
D -------------- (it's continues like that for the other 6 notes in the bar)
A ---3-3-------
E --------------
My Gear:

Guitar #1: 1997 Fender MIM Strat
Guitar #2: 2007 Epi SG (G-310)

Effects: Roland DS-1 Distortion (for switching in distortion quickly, NOT cause I want a "l33t brootalz tonz!")
Amp: Roland Microcube
Quote by wannabebassist2
try not playing them...

The way I read that tab and from knowing the song those two notes are played like a chord....but you have a string in the way....
My Gear:

Guitar #1: 1997 Fender MIM Strat
Guitar #2: 2007 Epi SG (G-310)

Effects: Roland DS-1 Distortion (for switching in distortion quickly, NOT cause I want a "l33t brootalz tonz!")
Amp: Roland Microcube
Quote by metalhead987
lay your first finger over so it mutes the middle string

+1, easiest and fastest way of doing it
Quote by cakemonster91

*chuckle* A peanut. With a face.

Go to your staff paper and re-write this song a half step down so on the paper it'll be like you have a "C" just move it down to a "B#"

Know your theory, then play like you don't.

Your first finger is on the 3rd fret. Lay your first finger tip down a little to were it is touching the string below it, and is still fretting the 3rd fret.

Basically just like stated above. I just wanted to elaborate a little bit more on it.
epic7734
Quote by Findinghomer
finger picked with thumb and index finger

yes he is right,when 2 numbers are in the same line,thier meant to be plucked together at the same time to sound like a single note
I've always played that by fretting the 3rd fret on the A string with my index finger, muting the D with my middle finger, and fretting the 5th fret on the G with either my ring or little finger. It always seems to work for me!