I just wrote this last night solely for the purpose of putting on UG. I was looking at my profile and I realized I had two looping experiments, a joke cover, and some sci-fi inspired electronic music. So this is something more representative of the kind of music I typically make. Last night I posted a version with just guitar and vocals, this one has those parts re-recorded with drums and another guitar part. Still no bass, though. It'll almost definitely resurface as a Clever Devils tune, so I'll post it again when that happens. Crit for crit. Go to my profile to hear it.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
wowa...really rough sounding, but i actually really like that...I really dig the vox! I really enjoyed that piece of work! --couldn't understand some of the words, but ive never been good at picking out lyrics. Cool project.

p.s. thats really cool that my project sounds kinda like elliott smith since he is one of my favorite artists !!!
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
nice, it seems a bit unfinished but still has great sound, it may be a bit rough but i think with a little refinement it could be a great tune
your voice reminds of like a modern day bob dylan. This isent really my style of music. Its pretty good though, the guitar sound kinda annoys me though.
Yeah, I used my crappy fake Les Paul through a practice amp because it was all I had in my room and I didn't feel like going downstairs. I just added some very basic bass, so I'll put that one up there. And I really slurred the living hell out of the lyrics, so here they are for HellBent and anyone else who cares.

I wanna take you to go see a picture show
Go see that one there with Adrien Brody
I wanna take you to go get some Chinese food
I wanna take you but I don't know where you are

I'm begging you, please
I'm down on my knees 'cause my feet don't work too good these days
I know what I want
And though I look nonchalant, oh God, oh God, it's just not easy to say
Hey, hey, hey

You're not in New York, you're not in New York
You're not in New York 'cause you told me you're in Boston
You're not in New York, you're not in New York
You're not in New York but I'll look anyway

I'm begging you, please
I'm down on my knees 'cause my feet don't work too good these days
I know what I want
And though I look nonchalant, oh God, oh God, it's just not easy to say
Hey, hey, hey
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
I always love your work. personally, I've enjoyed the solo stuff more than Clever Devils, but I'm sure I just haven't heard enough of both.

Anyway: Nonchalant is such a cool word that you pretty much win from that alone. I really don't have anything negative to say about it - It's great songwriting. You really work in all your influences really well - I hear the Strokes, Spoon (this actually really reminds me of the last four songs on A Series of Sneaks - the Agony of Laffite EP or whatever. I can't thank you enough for getting me into them. Awesome)the VU, Wilco, even a little Guster. As you say, this will be going into a full band version probably, and I'd suggest giving the bassist a prominent part rhythmically to fill up some space. Also, harmonies on the Hey Hey Hey's.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
yeah it sounded pretty good, there were pats that hurt my ears (maybe i have the volume up too loud lol) but sounds good man! really dig the vocals
Birdie Birdie in the sky, why'd you do that in my eye? Looks like Sugar, Tastes like sap.....OMG ITS BIRDIE CRAP!