Right i have just bought a wiring set for my new humbuckers.

I have all the parts in the diagram as shown below.

However, my humbuckers dont have the same wires coming out of them as show in the shematic, they have wires like this..

left to right: Some sort of copper wire coated in silver, green white&red combined and black. (Thats the bridge one but its the same case on the neck. )

How do i go about wiring this up then?

Also how do i ground the wires like it says to, and how exactly do the orange drop caps attach to the center of the pots?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as im completely new to any of this.
well, im new to this also. but you will have to know how to solder well to do this. those red 'drops' are capacitors, im not sure what kind, hopefully the right ones. you'll solder those to the tone knobs i tihnk. you ground the wires by soldering them to the back of your trem piece, so when you trouch your strings it cancels any noise. hope this helped.
Thanks for the help!
heres the link to the wiring kit, comes with every thing you see in my pic up there.
http://www.axesrus.com/axeknobs.htm

I experienced in soldering, so that wont be a problem. But im going to be doing this myself since its for a school project, plus its a waste of money cosidering i can do it meself once i know how.

Can any one else shed any light on the wires coming from the humbucker?
thanks for the link, ill see if they take United States Dollars though. im not too sure about the wires coming from the humbucker. my old ones only have 2 wires coming from it, volume and tone. lol. so id take it to a local shop for some free advise. it wouldnt hurt.
Your schematic has wiring for two-conductor HBs, and you have four-conductor HBs. Two of those can be soldered on the same lug as if they were the same wire. I dunno which one, though.
-VOTE HERE-
[x ] ROOSEVELT

[x ] WILSON
with Dimarzio pickups, the black and white go together, and the red is hot, while the green and bare are both ground, what brand are your pickups?
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Are the white and red already soldered together? They seem to be from what I can see in the pics.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
GREEN=HOT, WHITE & RED=TAP BLACK AND EARTH=EARTH

from what I read, I'd presume it's the same throughout their range...

so basically, the Green goes to the 1st lug of the volume pot, and to the tone pot, the white and red are just kept together, and the black and bare go to the case of a pot

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
If you take the set to curlys the guys there might be able to show which wire is which etc. in person.

and i don't know about you but having someone there in front of me explaining something is better than reading it on the internet.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
If you take the set to curlys the guys there might be able to show which wire is which etc. in person.

and i don't know about you but having someone there in front of me explaining something is better than reading it on the internet.

why would you do that when you can find out for free on the internet? what explaination do you want? I've just spent from 4:30 to 8:30 with a friend wiring pickups to my guitar...still not done (all 4 conductor, needed tinning, and a multipole switch, with an active preamp)

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
If the red and white are already soldered then I would say the green is hot, black and bare are earth then.

Just whack some insulation around the solder joint on the red and white.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Do both pickups have the same coloured wires?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
So, time for the explaination you apparently can't get over the internet:

for your pickups, the wires are as follows:

+--------- Green (hot)
- ------------|___________red and white, wired together (when grounded = coil split)
+------------|
- --------- Black (ground)
BARE WIRE (ground)

the +, - are the polarity of the coils in 1 pickup (2 coils as it is a humbucker)

as you can probably work out, when put to ground, the red and white wires allow just the coil with the green as the output to function, a la, coil split.

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by mcw00t
why would you do that when you can find out for free on the internet? what explaination do you want? I've just spent from 4:30 to 8:30 with a friend wiring pickups to my guitar...still not done (all 4 conductor, needed tinning, and a multipole switch, with an active preamp)

because it's still free and as I said it helps some people to have it explained in person.

I can learn a song from a tab reasonably quickly but if somebody shows me how to play it and then says go, I can play it a lot better than I would if I just read the tabs for the first time.

I just thought that the TS might prefer it.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
yes
Quote by Nick111111111
Am i missing some thing
car speaker=12 watts
outlet=120 watts
?????????????????

laws of phisics down the dump....... volts and watts are the same
no problem
Quote by Roc8995
Changing strings on a bigsby is alarmingly similar to flossing the teeth of a pissed-off sabertooth tiger while blindfolded.
For the last hour or so iv been wiring up the circuitry, all has gone well. But For the life of me i can manage to solder anything to the base of the pots, it just wont adhere properly and stay stuck down.

Any one got any tips for why this is the case, and how i can overcome it?
yes, you need to heat the case of the pot, but do not heat it for more than about 10 secs or you will damage the pot

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
You might want to scuff the casings with some steel wool, that will also help.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

It worked a treat, everythings wired up now, apart from the humbuckers themselves. Do that when they go in the guitar.

Does any one know how i would attach the groud to the bridge on a TOM? would i have to drill a hole from the circuit cavity to below the bridge recesses and poke through the wire?
Pretty much.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says: