Page 1 of 3
I'm sure most, if not all of us have had an attraction to their sexual preference, and like me, I'm sure many of you have asked them out. Also like me, I'm sure many of you have gotten the "yes" you yearned for, however I'm sure that like me, some of you here have gotten a "no" every now and then as well.

How do you go about dealing with the pain of rejection if you have before. Do you do something in particular, or just simply deal with it?
I've always gotten a no from every girl i ask.....so ive never technically ever gone out with anybody =(

I just repress my emotions and deal with it =/
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
3 words: mas. ter. bate.

in all seriousness, deal with it. it obviously wasn't meant to be. and there are probably girls out there that want your penis pretty badly, so think about them.
I feel like an idiot and then things get awkward and I usually end up never speaking to them again.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
I got a no once, when I was eleven after I had gotten a friend to ask him out for me, as you do when you're immature.

Apart from that I've never even asked someone out. I've never had to

God, I feel smug. And good.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
I just kind of write lyrics about it. It's kind of my way of "venting" without being violent or yelling at anyone.

I highly reccomend it, too. It can really relax you.
The.
The pain of rejection belongs in the relationship thread

But being rejected at a young age screws you up

I dont ask girls out in a traditional sense anymore because of it. Unless im really drunk.or......

I just drug them
Quote by The Madcap
I'm sure most, if not all of us have had an attraction to their sexual preference, and like me, I'm sure many of you have asked them out. Also like me, I'm sure many of you have gotten the "yes" you yearned for, however I'm sure that like me, some of you here have gotten a "no" every now and then as well.

How do you go about dealing with the pain of rejection if you have before. Do you do something in particular, or just simply deal with it?

You say "like me" a lot.

I don't really do anything if I get rejected, just move on with my life. Nothing much else you can do, really.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Alright sing this with me...

"How could this happen to me? I've made my mistakes! Got nowhere to run as i'm fading away!!!"
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
Quote by Jersey_Zombie

"How could this happen to me? I've made my mistakes! Got nowhere to run as i'm fading away!!!"

You forgot to mention putting a bulletin on your MySpace saying: "Okay guys, I'm taking the easy way out..."
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Suppress it deep deep down inside.. That's what I do when I'm depressed

I feel So cold
||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
well, you still got drugs and rock and roll.
I'm so bored right now i could kill and eat a baby
You need to sing it out:
"IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'M NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKAY"
"I'M NOT OKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY"
well lets see. I was actually in love with a girl a little while ago. It wasn't just like I was attracted to her, she wasn't THAT hot, she was just an average girl. She was my friend throughout grade school so I ended up completely in love with her for no reason. I couldn't even ask her out, she rejected me before I even asked. One day, she called me up, about a year ago, and said "I don't want to see you again". She hung up the phone and I haven't spoken to her since. Didn't know why and didn't really care. I don't wanna go out with someone if there that much of a bitch anyway.

and thats how i look at it. if its something superficial that they don't like about you, why do you wanna go out with them anyway?

and if they just don't like you, then you'd be dumped when you are barely into the relationship anyway.

Don't worry, i haven't even kissed a girl yet and im 15
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

I usually just watch movies and eat candy. I know that makes me sound morbidly obese, and I might be, but hey, I think we can all agree I'm better off ahhhaha.
i got rejected by the girl i was amazed by (i loved her and needed to see her all the time and got very shy infront of her)for like a year or so..............

Then we got together half a year later and were still together now...almost a year now haha. so just keep positive you just dont know whats coming next

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
Quote by Jersey_Zombie

*highfive*

You'll get over it. Either that or you'll bottle it up for years and become a raging, abusive, wallowing alcoholic. One or the other.
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
got rejected from my ex .. the only one i really loved .. still cant get over it till this moment ...

depressing huh
uhuh .. oh yeh .. umm .. okay
Bitch doesn't want you? She's no good. Theres no real problem to "deal with".
just deal with it. watch a movie or something. wank so you feel sexually satisfied. hang with a friend.

Jack my swag
Quote by akaDan
Bitch doesn't want you? She's no good. Theres no real problem to "deal with".

Not exactly in those words, I guess (Too much of a feminist?), but this dude's right.
Quote by The Madcap

Rejection all my life till 8 months ago! just let it slide is what I sau! It wasnt meant to be!
I just don't do it again, and wait for them. It happens enough I suppose.

Quote by _testament_
I usually just watch movies and eat candy. I know that makes me sound morbidly obese, and I might be, but hey, I think we can all agree I'm better off ahhhaha.

I watch movies.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
Ask the next girl you like, and if she says no, ask the next one, and so on...

Like the guy said, it's nothing you need to "deal with"
i eat like 9 cheese burgers. Then i throw up because my stomach knows that Mcdonald's = ****.
i got rejected by a girl i had never talked to before, and now she's in one of my classes this year... awkward
<('.'< ^('.')^ (>'.')>
I was never really rejected...

Well, i don't really ask girls out....

I just wait for things to happen...
Or just wait till the right time so that i know what answer i'm gonna get back and its not rejection...

Even if some chick does reject me, meh! its her loss!!
And like, if she does reject me, then we were probably not gonna get on well anyway, so no point in chasing something thats not gonna work with you!
It does sucks when I found out she dating a guy younger than me. Being outdone by a kid, hmmm
I have never gotten a yes. However, I haven't asked a girl out since January of '06. I haven't really had any self-esteem or confidence since then. It's kind of a complicated story, and I don't really want to explain it right now.
What happened to you, Madcap? You used to be so cool.

What hurts the most is when you break up, not when you get turned down for a random date. Real men know this, and cry like pansy chicken babies until the sadness kills them.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
I've never been rejected, in fact I've only ever had to ask one girl out.

Sorry, I have no idea what it feels like.

..Boy do I feel like an ass
Page 1 of 3