two things.

background: i am making a guitar and on the neck i am using mother of pearl to make inlays. for example on gibson les pauls and some epiphones you will see a trapezoid shaped cut of mother of pearl at the 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, 12th,15th etc. frets.

1. where those trapezoids would be i want something else. on one guitar i have seen on each one of those frets there was a hawk with each wing raised a little bit more or less then the rest to make it look like it was flying. if you have any ideas please leave them!

2. on the headstock or whatever the part where the tuning pegs are on most guitars it says the brand name or there is a design either painted on or made out of mother of pearl. any idea of whats i can put there?
I'm guessing you don't have experience inlaying- I'd go research some before you get into a big project like that. Pearl is expensive to mess around with, and something like hawks is fairly complicated.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
I'm guessing you don't have experience inlaying- I'd go research some before you get into a big project like that. Pearl is expensive to mess around with, and something like hawks is fairly complicated.

i don't have experience but my father does. my father is a product designer but can also build anything out of anything and he has used mother of pearl plenty of times and can make almost anything out of it so experience is not a problem
Well, they sell pieces of pearl like this that can be cut to size and inlaid like any other material.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
^ Yeah, that's what I was thinking too... That has to be what the TS has seen.

Anyways, unless you tell us what kind of guitar you want it to be it'll be a little difficult to give good suggestions for designs. For instance, someone might suggest "pentagrams with blood splattered everywhere!!1", which I'm guessing wouldn't go over well if you're not making a ridiculous metal axe.
Quote by Pikka Bird
^ Yeah, that's what I was thinking too... That has to be what the TS has seen.

Anyways, unless you tell us what kind of guitar you want it to be it'll be a little difficult to give good suggestions for designs. For instance, someone might suggest "pentagrams with blood splattered everywhere!!1", which I'm guessing wouldn't go over well if you're not making a ridiculous metal axe.

it's gonna be les paul shaped. i'm staining it a light brown so that you can see the grain of the most intense piece of quilted maple i have seen and am now making into a guitar and then coating it in laquer to make it shiny. basically a gibson les paul classic but instead of flame maple if quilted and it's gonna be a color that can't be found (no not rootbeer)