I have to replacing the 12axtb's (made in china, not sure the brand) and 4 5881WXT SOVTEK tubes.

First Question:

I can't find the exact tubes anywhere--Do I have to replace with the exact tubes to avoid rebiasing?

Second - What other tubes can I put in instead without having to rebias?

Third - Whats the cheapest place to get tubes?

Thanks
-tube newbie
1) You don't need the exact same tubes, nor would you want them, Sovteks are pretty pants.

2) 6L6s can replace 5881s without bias changes.

3) www.eurotubes.com is cheap, but they only sell JJs. There's another site, Doug's tubes I think it is, that's good.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
umm..... this could help me.

i have a vintage fender princeton reverb amp, and know nothng about tubes excepth they sound insane. so, i need help too.
The "everything you want to know about tubes" thread at the top of the forum is a good place to ask tube questions, and there's some good info in the first post
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
ive also got a B-52 AT-212 and i just replaced the tubes with one of the re-tube kits from eurotubes.com and i love the tone i get! i got the high gain set. for tubes, only the power tubes need to be rebiased. pre-amp, effects loop, reverb, phase inverter, and rectifier tubes dont. you just pop them in and your good to go.

https://ssl.eurotubes.com/cart/index.php?page=view_products&category_id=110&sub_category_id=111

its the third kit
I too would recommend JJs from eurotubes, great sounding tubes, really bring out what the amp *should* sound like.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Even if you change it to the same brand, date, and model, you might still have to rebias, not all tubes are made equal, and quality control isn't the best, because it's hard to do so.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra