Hey, this is my first post here, so lets hope I make a good impression. I have been thinking about getting a new amp because I bought my first one used and its getting old, and I need to get a bigger one sometime. I was thinking about getting an orange amp because i've seen some bands use them and I like their sound. My question is: is there any amp that would be better to get that's in the 200-350ish dollar range?
what's the amp you use now? and what styles of music do you play?
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
You can't get an Orange for those prices you've listed unless your looking at the Crush series and you don't want one of those.

Cheapest Orange after those would be the Tiny Terror for 550$ and some sort of 1x12 cab which will set you back for 200$ or so.
does anyone read the FAQ's around here?!?!? [they tell you how to post properly!]
allow me to guide you
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
look used. i got a 50watt Randall Tube amp for $300! a steal.
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
Quote by UnsignedRecords
what's the amp you use now? and what styles of music do you play?

Ok I use a peavy 30 watt or something, and I play...I guess you could say punk? Sorry about the post, I didn't see the thread with all the price ranges, just the one explaining what an amp is/does. Umm screw the orange amps Idea, I don't have the money for that and won't any time soon. I looked in that list and the Randall RG50TC looks to be good for my price range, and the bands on the randall page seem kinda similar to what I wanna play. Also, would ebay be a good place to get an amp to maybe cut down on cost? or is it too risky for damage or other things.
i'm guessing the randall would fit you nicely actually.

ebay's not as bad as people, like my parents, say they are. you just need to check the seller's information (feedback, sales, comments, etc) and contact him to make sure you don't get ripped off.

so, if you're willing to be careful, check out ebay for some nice deals.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by UnsignedRecords
i'm guessing the randall would fit you nicely actually.

ebay's not as bad as people, like my parents, say they are. you just need to check the seller's information (feedback, sales, comments, etc) and contact him to make sure you don't get ripped off.

so, if you're willing to be careful, check out ebay for some nice deals.

Thanks for the help, theres 2 there now for around 400 so if thats an indication as to how much they will be on ebay when I get it I'm happy with that.
Last edited by sundayserenade at Aug 20, 2007,