But I have never owned one or ridden one. Just dirt bikes maybe a few times.

Whats a good starter bike? I'm on a budget of course also, I want to find something used under 2 grand maybe.

I dislike crotch rockets, I they are pointless.

Anyone here own a bike that could offer suggestions? I have seen quite a few used Hondas and Yamahas on ebay for under 2 grand.

Thanks.
wan't?

someone explain to me what that conjunction could possibly mean

wan not

uh...

and btw crotch rockets are the secks
If your wiener is happy, then you're happy.
Quote by LustGardenBlues
wan't?

someone explain to me what that conjunction could possibly mean

wan not

uh...

and btw crotch rockets are the secks

Wow, you're really an idiot.
My God, it's full of stars!
80's honda nighthawk <3333333333333333
This is just unacceptable:
[img]http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/4410/unfairhy9.jpg[/img]
Quote by Dreadnought
Wow, you're really an idiot.

true. but my question still needs to be answered.
If your wiener is happy, then you're happy.
Look through the paper when it gets colder. You'll find a ton of bikes that are pretty cheap.

Edit-X: Oh, look for Suzuki bikes. They are really good bikes, and should last you a while. Something like a shadow should do you just fine..... unless you want more of a chopper.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
yeah the old 80s hondas and harleys are usually pretty mild and trim. not too loud either.
Quote by JDawg
No he's right, I ****ed up....

Doesn't mean he needs to be an immature fool, though.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Metal-X
Look through the paper when it gets colder. You'll find a ton of bikes that are pretty cheap.

Good idea. I will have to try that. I honestly shouldn't be buying a bike anyway, but Im such a kid...
Id say a harley sportster or a suzuki.. They can both be relatively cheap, and they're lighter which means they're easier to handle on the road. Most motorcycles can be 300 pounds, but if you get a sportster they're usually 150-200 pounds. good luck!
Quote by JDawg
Good idea. I will have to try that. I honestly shouldn't be buying a bike anyway, but Im such a kid...

If I had the money I'd buy one as well. I love the feeling of riding a motorcycle, I always have..... but maybe that;s because it runs in my family.

Anyways, I edited my post above incase you didn't see it.
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

NO!! Don't get a harley, for the love of god!
Quote by Metal-X
If I had the money I'd buy one as well. I love the feeling of riding a motorcycle, I always have..... but maybe that;s because it runs in my family.

Anyways, I edited my post above incase you didn't see it.

Ugh, I like choppers but not for a first bike. My friend has an old Triumph thats pretty sweet, but probably pricey.
Quote by Par Avion
80's honda nighthawk <3333333333333333

My dad has an 87 Nighthawk S and an 82(?) nighthawk, both are good bikes, not terribly fast, great for distance, easy to ride...

Another recommendation I would make is a used Triumph, it has some of the same benefits as the Honda, with the big bonus of breaking down ALL THE TIME. You will be an expert mechanic by the time you dispose of that bike.
Quote by _testament_
Id say a harley sportster or a suzuki.. They can both be relatively cheap, and they're lighter which means they're easier to handle on the road. Most motorcycles can be 300 pounds, but if you get a sportster they're usually 150-200 pounds. good luck!

Cool, thanks! the Sportsers are pretty cool looking.
Quote by JDawg
Ugh, I like choppers but not for a first bike. My friend has an old Triumph thats pretty sweet, but probably pricey.

I'd probly go with the Shadow then. Or really any suzuki that isn't a crotch rocket.

Edit-X ... Damnit my bad. I forgot that Honda makes the Shadow, not Suzuki. It's still a good bike though.
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

I want to know the best way to learn if I don't know anybody that rides... I want to get one soon, too. I'm 19, so in the US I can get my learner's permit and license fairly quickly as long as I pass the test...

I know there are courses I could take, but how does that work without owning a bike? Don't you have to log hours with your permit to get the license? How can I do that without anybody to instruct me?
Quote by _testament_
^ HEY what's wrong with harley's?!

Ugly, loud, need I go on?
Quote by RockThe40oz
I want to know the best way to learn if I don't know anybody that rides... I want to get one soon, too. I'm 19, so in the US I can get my learner's permit and license fairly quickly as long as I pass the test...

I know there are courses I could take, but how does that work without owning a bike? Don't you have to log hours with your permit to get the license? How can I do that without anybody to instruct me?

Just about every motorcycle dealership has a class that you can take, and I'm pretty sure you can borrow a bike, if not I know some dealerships allow you to rent them.

You don't have to log hours with a class M license, but you do have to go through a driving course before you can get one.

Quote by Par Avion

Ugly? No

Loud? Of course they are, some people like it loud.

You might want to keep going...
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

Quote by Par Avion

the loudness is what get's you all the women :|
and ugly ?!? UGLY?!
are you joking me?!
Quote by Dreadnought
Doesn't mean he needs to be an immature fool, though.

FIIIIIGHT 'EM!!!!
-Tox

ಠ_ಠ
WHOT?
How can you possibly like the way they look!? Ugh, so ugly

To each their own I guess, no hard feelings
Quote by Par Avion

Road King (My Bike )

Sportster

I have no idea what you are talking about
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

Quote by Par Avion

Well come on then, suggest a bike. But I don't plan on buying a crotch rocket or a chopper.
Get a used honda Nighthawk, in the lower CC range, great starter bike and not dangerous
Quote by JDawg
I can see myself on that...

You'll probly like this one too

Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

i preffer one of these if you ask me....

Overdrive of the Autobot Transformers G1 Club

Van Halen, October 16th, All-state arena, Section 213 Row A
Quote by JDawg
Ugh, yes, but they look exspensive...

Yeah that one probly is.... it was the 2005 model.

Well I dunno, usually if you look around you can find a good price on anything.
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-Triumph-Legend-TT_W0QQitemZ200144137292QQihZ010QQcategoryZ6716QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

there is a cheap triumph from their current "as reliable as honda" lineup.

the 97 and newer bikes rule at EVERYTHING, and the only thing better than their current sportbikes is the KTM superduke and 950 supermoto
well. to start off. you should get a 700-800 dollar bike. a late 70's, early 80's honda something. I have a 1978 Honda Twin Star, 180 engine. 4stroke. That is plenty of motor for your first bike. you will likely dump a bike chopper if you aren't familiar with bikes at all. say what you want about this. but it would be stupid to start off with a monster bike...
Alvarez Acoustic with the fret buzz mod
Lotus Strat knock off, kicks a USA strats a**
Line 6 Spider II, permanently on Clean lol
Zoom MRT-3B Drum Machine
Get an old Vincent Black Shadow if you can find one. They're sexy.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ