i was thinking about getting a 6 string bass but im not sure who makes them or what is good. anyone have any ideas? i dont want a real expensive one though like no more than around 600 bucks or so is thats possible?
a 6 string bass isnt a regular gutar.. its a bass first of all.. and second its tuned like a 7 string w/o the last string
ibanez sr506.great bss, plays easy, affordable.

Quote by highvoltage66
a 6 string bass is just a regular guitar...

oh, you can go die a slow death
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Well, the most famous one is the Fender 6 String bass, so id go with that. Its not that expensive, however i believe it is now collectors, so good luck finding one.

A 6 string bass is a guitar tuned an octave down, with bass pups.
a six string bass is tuned an octave lower, and with a regular guitar your strings would sound all "not working" cuz they wouldnt be working.
-Gear-
- Jasmine by takamine acoustic
...that's it
Quote by Tedward
Well, the most famous one is the Fender 6 String bass, so id go with that. Its not that expensive, however i believe it is now collectors, so good luck finding one.

A 6 string bass is a guitar tuned an octave down, with bass pups.

incorrect, the tuning of a 6-string bass is actually BEADGC low to high. also, the schecter stiletto studio-6 is what im getting and its amazing for any music.
Actually, most 6-string basses are tuned to a high C instead of a high B, that way all strings are tuned at the perfect fourth.
My Profile

http://www.kerozenband.com

Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jesusgonewrong or me to join.

Gear:
Ibanez SR506
Fender MIM Jazz Bass Deluxe Active
Yorkville XM200
Quote by jimmypage27
Actually, most 6-string basses are tuned to a high C instead of a high B, that way all strings are tuned at the perfect fourth.

exactly.
yeah the tunings of 6 strings has confused me, my friend said it was two extra high strings but i heard it was extra high and low
Yamaha TRB series
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
Quote by highvoltage66
i dont even care if you called me a dumbass!

LOLLERPWNT
Hi, I like pie.

¯\(º_o)/¯