none. he plugs his guitar into a wah, bypassed to a cranked '57 tweed twin-amp.

im serious. cranked tweed tube amp from the 50s give loads of creamy overdrive. and clapton has the Mid-Boost in his preamp too. which... he doesn't use it till the solo in that song.

Clapton turns on his leslie speaker after two verses, and all throughout the solo, then after.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest

im serious. cranked tweed tube amp from the 50s give loads of creamy overdrive. and clapton has the Mid-Boost in his preamp too. which... he doesn't use it till the solo in that song.

Clapton turns on his leslie speaker after two verses, and all throughout the solo, then after.

yea i knew about the leslie but thanks for the rest. i wasnt sure if he used pedals for overdrive or not. i probably should have guessed the amp lol.
Quote by ECistheBest

listen to this guy. he's probably right.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
If you want to replicate the tone of the original recorded track more easily (and without having to buy vintage gear just for the one sound!), Digitech's Crossroads pedal comes pretty close. It's 'Badge' setting is actually slightly more off than the other settings, but if you tweak it a bit and use something like a Fender amp, you can get damn close to the right tone. I'm betting you could probably get the live tone too if you messed around enough.