Quote by AceOfAngels
So it's a good buy?

I would think so, I have the Microcube, and I totally love it. I bet 25% of my posts are praising the cube.

What kind of music you like? How long you been playing? What kind of guitar you got?
I havent played guitar ever before, just ordered this with an Agile AL-2000 which I heard was a great deal for the price.

Im really into classic rock and smooth sounding, easy going songs like RHCP, Shinedown, stuff like that. Also Coheed and Cambria.

Oh and that amp has a tuner on it right? So I wont need a Chromatic Tuner?
Quote by AceOfAngels
I havent played guitar ever before, just ordered this with an Agile AL-2000 which I heard was a great deal for the price.

Im really into classic rock and smooth sounding, easy going songs like RHCP, Shinedown, stuff like that. Also Coheed and Cambria.

Oh and that amp has a tuner on it right? So I wont need a Chromatic Tuner?

Awesome, yeah for a first amp I think the cube series are really good. I like my Microcube because it can be run on batterys. (and they last a long time) You will probally be playing in your bedroom to begin with, so it wil be perfect for you. It has 6 effects so its nice to kinda see what you like. However keep in mind that if you are gonna be Jamming with others or see yourself in a band you will probally need a bigger amp then this one.

I dont really like the tuner on my Microcube so you will probally need a tuner.
Ok, ill probably go pick up a Korg sooner or later, probably after my next paycheck.

Oh, as for learning, do you think just getting tabs and learning from them is a good way to start? I would take lessons but then are $40/lesson around here and we only make $7.15/hr with a part time job here.
Quote by AceOfAngels
Ok, ill probably go pick up a Korg sooner or later, probably after my next paycheck.

Oh, as for learning, do you think just getting tabs and learning from them is a good way to start? I would take lessons but then are $40/lesson around here and we only make $7.15/hr with a part time job here.

I dunno everyone is different, I leant by myself form tabs and lessons here at UG, so I guess its really up to the person who is trying to learn.
Quote by stangconv
I dunno everyone is different, I leant by myself form tabs and lessons here at UG, so I guess its really up to the person who is trying to learn.

+1, I would say start by trying to learn some easy songs from tabs on here, also try learning a scale. Then if you find yourself not progressing, you might want to look into getting lessons.

From the looks of it, you will have competent gear, so all you need is persistence and tough fingers. good luck man.
Quote by _KurtCobain_77
+1, I would say start by trying to learn some easy songs from tabs on here, also try learning a scale. Then if you find yourself not progressing, you might want to look into getting lessons.

From the looks of it, you will have competent gear, so all you need is persistence and tough fingers. good luck man.

ewwww' nucks

Quote by stangconv
ewwww' nucks

heh, at least we made the playoffs
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS