Hey guys/girls, new here at UG and I'm wondering something...I've been looking to break into a job/career in music, but currently don't have any formal training in music or the business. I know this is probably going to sound like a stupid question, but does anyone have any ideas of paths I should/could check out when my background is computers? mostly networking and administration...

any help would be appreciated!
Be a mortician, then you can double as a make up artist for death metal bands.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
magician
criss angel makes music
AND
wows me on a daily basis
I play a guitar strung with Yngwie's chest hair
Criss Angel sucks, though. David Blaine could beat him up.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Be a mortician, then you can double as a make up artist for death metal bands.

Quote by Jack Off Jill

+1
||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
criss angel is insane but i suggest looking into a college and finding where to get a degree in "music business" its an actual degree.. even my counseler reccomended it, (dont ask)
yea be a tech for a band
My gear:
Line 6 spider 2 75 watts
ibanez rg 570
fender hss hwy 1 stratocaster
washburn acoustic
if you want a career in music, you could always apply at red robin. i hear they sing one hell of a birthday song.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

dude angel is a black belt in karate...blaine is a weak fat dumbass
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
Quote by silent caution
dude angel is a black belt in karate...blaine is a weak fat dumbass

Yeah, but Blaine does REAL magic, not that fake stuff Angel does. Blaine could turn Jesus into a loaf of bread if he wanted to. The only thing Angel can make disappear is my attention span.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jersey_Zombie
Did someone say David Blaine???

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AYxu_MQSTTY

Thank you.
Quote by vintage x metal