I really want to play the Lead part of Sweet Child. Anyone who could give me techniques on how I could play the solo part.

Please give me techniques on how I could make my fingers fast to play the solo part and some very fast parts of the song. Thanks
heres what worked for me when i learnt that, download the guitar pro free trial, then once you have the sweet child o mine file slow the tempo right down n then gradually increase it as you become confident playing it faster if that makes sense
My Stuff: Epi Black Beauty Les Paul with Bareknuckle Pickups, Fender Telecaster MIJ, Cort Electro acoustic, E-ross 12 string acoustic, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Cry Baby, BOSS DS-1 , Fulltone OCD, Digitech Whammy, Boss TU-3
And BTW. How could I increase and decrease the tempo there? I'm not really familiar with the program just with the icons or symbols but not with the tempo.
meh!! no point in guitar pro slowing u might as well stop the music and go along and remember what it sounds like in ur head
i think if i remember correctly they be a crotchet symbol then = 128 or something like that, click that icon n it will bring up a small window where youy can change tempo i think
My Stuff: Epi Black Beauty Les Paul with Bareknuckle Pickups, Fender Telecaster MIJ, Cort Electro acoustic, E-ross 12 string acoustic, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Cry Baby, BOSS DS-1 , Fulltone OCD, Digitech Whammy, Boss TU-3
sweet child is not an easy song to play convincingly. I'd recommend really working on your bending technique. Slash also uses a lot of hammers and pull off in the song so practicing legato exercises will help alot. Get a good copy of the music there are many bad version of the song and without the right fingering it will be harder to play than it should be.
Can you give me some links on some legato exercises and lessons also some bending techniques?

I already found the tempo thing.

And I used the first version of Sweet Child GP Tab. Is is good?
don't worry about legato and bending exercises - practicing the song will be enough practice of those techniques

use the highest rated version

when i learned it - the guitar pro file was too fast - so i exported to audacity and slowed it down even more
the key in this song is where you put your fingers. Im learning this song at the moment and ive had to change a few notes from the tab onto different strings to make it easier. You want to be moving your fingers as little as possible obviously. Yeh and just practise. Alot. start slow and bring the speed up
What is with the part with... "12 14 12 14 12 14 12 14 12 14" the fast part. Is it hammers only? or hammer then pull-off?
While practicing to play the fast lick in sweet child o' mine is all fine and dandy, you COULD just play what feels right and develop your own improvisational skills WHILE practicing speed.

The lick isn't really that great, but if you really want to play it just practice it. It will come.
Quote by GuitarManiac09
While practicing to play the fast lick in sweet child o' mine is all fine and dandy, you COULD just play what feels right and develop your own improvisational skills WHILE practicing speed.

The lick isn't really that great, but if you really want to play it just practice it. It will come.

He's talking about the solo dude.
Quote by Megazeke
He's talking about the solo dude.

Yeah but most of the solo is easy, I assume he's takling about the fast parts once Slash turns on the wah, never said I couldn't be wrong though.
go to farhat.name, there is a video lesson on how to play the whole song
My Gear:
Vox AD15VT
Line 6 Spider ll 112
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser Temptest
Quote by oriolesazb
mine is probably that totaly awsomely hard solo in wake me up when september ends, evry time i hear that solo i drool.
I'm just a dial-up user dude. It'll take me ages to load that video. I'm still stuck with the solo with the start of the fast part. On the 1st string (thinnest)

8p7 11p7 8 11 12/14 11 12 14/15 and so on and so forth.