This year, my parents made me change from a really bad public school to a really smart and what-not private college prep school. Though I know the change was for the best since there were so many "incidents" at the old school....

So i'm just wonderin if any of you guys ever made this change and uhh what was it like?

And do you think i'd be able to keep my gauges?
Oh noes!
You'll do fine. Just surround yourself with people that have the same interests as you. Making friends is the most important part.
The.
Talk to chubbychunks, he knows about being posh and what-not.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Talk to chubbychunks, he knows about being posh and what-not.

+1
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
You'll do fine. Just surround yourself with people that have the same interests as you. Making friends is the most important part.

Girls, Friends, Drugs, Alcohol, Xbox, Sports, Ritual Hazing, Being Lazy, Education

For worst results perform in that order.
Well I moved 350 miles away from my school when I was 11 but it urns out I have a knack for talking to quite literally any one so making friends wasn't hard. It's weird at first but once you make two or three friends you'll start to meet more people. How old are you by the way?
Quote by Count Seanula
Well I moved 350 miles away from my school when I was 11 but it urns out I have a knack for talking to quite literally any one so making friends wasn't hard. It's weird at first but once you make two or three friends you'll start to meet more people. How old are you by the way?

15, so i'm changing durring my sophmore year, which isnt so bad, but freshmen year is when you meet everyone and so on. It just bugs the hell out of me 'cause I hate being new to a different envirement.
Oh noes!
Dude, preppy private schools are, like, 50 times worse than public schools. I mean, I go to a really good public highschool, and I came from a private school. I just saw a bunch of my old friends, and they're a bit messed up. They all went to nice private schools, and there's just as many drugs, gangs, etc. They just have to pay for it.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by woodenbandman
Dude, preppy private schools are, like, 50 times worse than public schools. I mean, I go to a really good public highschool, and I came from a private school. I just saw a bunch of my old friends, and they're a bit messed up. They all went to nice private schools, and there's just as many drugs, gangs, etc. They just have to pay for it.

I agree, but nothing could be as bad as my old public school. It got to the point where you could bring your guitar in, sit on your desk and perform to the whole class durring lectures and not get in trouble. My friend did this all the time matter-o-fact
Oh noes!
Quote by woodenbandman

You realize that you pay for public school too right? In fact the average tuition for public education is more per student than for private schooling...taxpayers pay roughly $6,500 per student per year to attend public schools...
Quote by denizenz
You realize that you pay for public school too right? In fact the average tuition for public education is more per student than for private schooling...taxpayers pay roughly $6,500 per student per year to attend public schools...

True, but isnt that cash taken out of the mortgage anyway?
Oh noes!
Quote by xxtrigger
True, but isnt that cash taken out of the mortgage anyway?

i don't think so

it's just a sperate tax isn't it?
member of The Yes Club
member of the Ten Years After Club
member of the Allman Brothers Club
member of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

member of the Grateful Dead Fan Club
PM deadhead313313

member of the Queen Fanclub!
PM Hanzi_G
It is a portion of your property tax. Some people have the tax added to their mortgage but it is completely different, and even so...WTF would it matter...it still costs you that much money no matter where it comes from.
Quote by denizenz
It is a portion of your property tax. Some people have the tax added to their mortgage but it is completely different, and even so...WTF would it matter...it still costs you that much money no matter where it comes from.

Ha true. the tax here is close to 9 grand, when the school is complete trash. The only reason why its high is 'cause we have two different buildings and crap that we don't need.
Oh noes!
Quote by xxtrigger
Ha true. the tax here is close to 9 grand, when the school is complete trash. The only reason why its high is 'cause we have two different buildings and crap that we don't need.

The public school system in this country is complete trash. The only solution anyone (especially the liberal teachers union) can see is to throw more money at the problem. This is a logical answer since private schools produce better results at half the cost.
In 7th grade I changed from a large (300 kids per grade) public school to a very small (50 kids per grade) all boys catholic school, that was a weird change, but you get used to it.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Quote by deathbyawesome
In 7th grade I changed from a large (300 kids per grade) public school to a very small (50 kids per grade) all boys catholic school, that was a weird change, but you get used to it.

I hope so. My old school had a few thousands kids, and this one has like 300 so I was a little freaked out about that.
Oh noes!
In Sweden - Prep Schools =

In fact, we don't have any schools you have to pay for. Apart from for tax.
When I was 6 I moved from the U.S. to Germany, and I came back three years later. I went to an international school, which meant everyone either spoke english (alot of kids had parents in the army, there's that huge military hospital in Frankfurt) had it as a second language, or were in the process of learning english. It was a real culture shock at first, I'd grown up in a middle class white suburb, and now I had kids in my class from all over. Walk down a crowded hallway and you'd hear kids talking in German, Japanese, anything. Now I am not a really outgoing person, I get really anxious about social situations just like everyone else and I did fine. You can do it, just actively look for people with the same interests. If you don't have uniforms, wear your favorite band tee, find people that play the same sports as you, stuff like that.
Member of the Invisible Children club
Learn More
Member of the "I love METRIC" fan club. PM if Metric loves you.
So Americans call schools which are free and available for anyone private schools?

Does that not sound silly to anyone else?
You'll be fine...............I'm not, I went from good school to big city **** school,
Quote by xxtrigger
15, so i'm changing durring my sophmore year, which isnt so bad, but freshmen year is when you meet everyone and so on. It just bugs the hell out of me 'cause I hate being new to a different envirement.

I know how you feel.

Last year my mom said it was time to move (we couldn't afford to live where we were), and that it was the best time because I'll make friends in the 8th grade and I'll know people when going into high school. Then my mom pulls a fast one on me and makes us ****ing move again. So much for that bull****...

But yeah, first day of orientation, and I made friends with half the people in my homeroom.

So all in all, just go as yourself, an you'll surely make friends that share the same interests.
Quote by slashnmash
So Americans call schools which are free and available for anyone private schools?

Does that not sound silly to anyone else?

We call schools that the state pays for public schools

When the family themselves have to pay for tuition, it is a private school.