whats the best amp i can get for playing rhcp, sublime, buzz ballads, classic rock , and just jamming

my budget is pretty low but im in a band and need a loud ass amp with great tone.

please help!!

thanks in advance

greatly dislike modeling amps, For no good reason
Last edited by johnrocco151991 at Aug 21, 2007,
Feder Blues Junior, Roland Cube 60, Vox AD 50.

You have to give us a limit, low could be anything like!
umm around forty dollars?

just kidding

umm, id like to spend around 400 but saving more is always an option
For what you need, it sounds like a 15 watt tube amp would be nice like a blues junior or crate V16(although my opinion is a little biased on the crate). They are loud enough to jam and get over a drummer easily. The only thing i would worry about is getting a clean sound out of it at loud volumes. I'm not sure it can do small gigs if you need a clean sound. If you need clean headroom then the Peavey classic 30 is very nice for 600 usd new but they often go for around 400 used.
Last edited by acdcrocks0323 at Aug 21, 2007,
yeah , i like the blues jr , a lot but 15 watts doesnt seem near enough. Our drummer has a huge refernce seris set and plays LOUD. Is there a Blues Jr style head?
I'm pretty sure there isnt a head but 15 watts tube sounds 2.5 times louder then 15 watts ss. It's easily enough to get over a drummer , although I dont think it can get over a drummer while clean. And if your worried about it not being loud enough, you can always get a Peavey Classic 30 which has nice cleans and nice overdrive.
yeah i know what your saying , at the moment i have a crap 30 watt SS and it get over the drummer (barely) with no tone
I was in your situation a few weeks ago because i only had a fender 25R and was not fun playing through at all. Crap tone and not that loud since if i pused it passed 5, it got muddier than a tuba being played thorugh a garden hose. Ever since I got my V16, I havent really stopped playing unless i really had something better to do. Its amazing what an upgrade in tone does to my willingness to get better.
i like that and the reviews but how can i get all the volume i need from one 12 inch speaker , would i run it through a cab ?

maybe i should get a used all tube head , any suggestions for those?

btw thanks a million for all the help
A single 12" speaker is plenty loud especially since the amp is 30 watts, although a cab would make it a tiny bit louder and give it a more pronounced low end. I dont see a need for a head or anything because the way i see it, your only doing small gigs at most for now. Once you start getting larger gigs, you can mic the amp up because the larger gigs will most likely have a PA. So 30 watts is all you really need even with only 1 12" speaker.

And I'm here to help anytime you need it. Except right now because i have to go but if you bump the thread later to kind of remind me i can help later.
Last edited by acdcrocks0323 at Aug 21, 2007,
Quote by johnrocco151991
i like that and the reviews but how can i get all the volume i need from one 12 inch speaker , would i run it through a cab ?

maybe i should get a used all tube head , any suggestions for those?

btw thanks a million for all the help

Why would you run it thru a cab? Aint gonna make it louder!

Get the Peavey 50 if you want a head, but then you will need a cab, which will cost more money!

The 30 will be plenty loud! and no need for a extra cab!
For about that price, if you hunt good, you'll find a Laney VC15.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
I love the blues junior. I had a jam the other day, and it definitely couldn't get over a full band on clean. Overdriven though I didn't even get the master to 6, which the volume around 10-11 with the fat switch on.

So, I think it would easily get over a band, but if you need the cleans a peavey classic 30 might be a better choice.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi