I just watched and listen to Queens The Millionaire Waltz(not first time),
and im a bit intressted to learn how to play Waltz in (theory)
i know thats waltz is in 3/4
but i dont sure about chords/scales and typical waltz rythm.

also it make it easier to "jam" with my Accordian playing Grandpa who plays lots off "olddance" including waltz

any books i should get? can read basic sheet

thank on advance
2/3 i think? not sure..... jzt om pa pa all the time. figure out ur own riffs. or jzt use octaves all the time...
Officially The Hairest Man On Muselive....
Quote by brewstercraven
2/3 i think? not sure..... jzt om pa pa all the time. figure out ur own riffs. or jzt use octaves all the time...

Dude, I seriously thought you were speaking Polish for a second. It's not that hard to speak correctly.
Quote by brewstercraven

jzt = not cool
grammar = cool

Anyway, Three Views of a Secret by Weather Report/3 Views of a Secret by Jaco is in waltz-time.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Waltz is usually in 3/4 or 6/8.

the bass usually plays in the first beat, and treble instruments play on the 2nd and 3rd beats with the rest of the chord.

The melodies are usually cheery and using a lot of dotted figures, followed by whatever figure is worth half of the last one.
heavy accents on one, light octaves or even octave+fifth (too lazy to figure it out) on 2 and 3. just play quarter notes and as long as you hit the downbeat it should sound ok.
i thought i had magic fingers once, and had uncovered the fountain of love.

turns out my girlfriend was just peeing on me.
First beat = octave
2nd and 3rd beat = fifth+octave double stop
I own:
Fender Jazz 24 (5 string) Yay! =D
Behringer BXL3000A Nay =(
Zoom B2 effects Ehh? =S

Im learning:
Bass =P

I play in:
Casual Karma
The Uno Whos
- Both uni bands

DnD nerd of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Waltz is 3/4, but there is no particular scales or keys that are used more than any other in waltz time. for a guide to jazz waltz look at jazz sticky at the top where I explain how to play in 3/4, it's easy enough to carry over into other genres because the basics are the same.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
yet again i very very wrong. i do actually write properly alot of the time but its jzt that one word!! every pissin time...

im chalking it down to a guilty pleasure.
Officially The Hairest Man On Muselive....
Quote by brewstercraven
yet again i very very wrong. i do actually write properly alot of the time but its jzt that one word!! every pissin time...

im chalking it down to a guilty pleasure.

did you do it on purpose that time? or is it 'jzt' my paranoia?
i thought i had magic fingers once, and had uncovered the fountain of love.

turns out my girlfriend was just peeing on me.