I have an Ibanez Gax70

It has 4 knobs two tone knobs and 2 volume knobs, they have become a little loose.

So far it has not posed a big problem, just something i would like to get fixed up.

I have tried to unscrew the back cover cause i heard from another person you can tighten them back up simply with a screw driver. but i took the screws out but the back cover will not come out. Anyone know how I can get the cover off with minimal marks made on the cover.

Any tips on fixing this problem would be appreciated as well!

Thanks in advanced!
My Gear:
Ibanez Gax 70 Gio electric guitar cherry red color
Epiphone PR-150 Acoustic guitar sunburst color
Crate MX10, 10 watt amplifier
Boss DS-1 Distortion effects pedal
Dunlop GCB95 Original Crybaby Wah Pedal
Allergic
C4C please
To tighten the pots you need to take off the knobs, and then tighten the nut with either your hands or a set of pliers.

To get the cover off, go find a suction cup and try that.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
ahh great, thanks for the tips, I'll give it a shot in a second.
My Gear:
Allergic
C4C please
thats a common problem with the gio. you can take the back cover off by removing the screws then prying the cover off with a standard screwdriver. you need to tighten the nuts on the pots, both in the control cavity on the back of the guitar and on the front the guitar
ok cool, thanks, i just got the nuts tightened from the front, now im going to try to find a flat edge screw driver i guess? to pry open the back.

*****************EDIT******************

props to the suction cup idea, worked amazingly easy, on my first try =)
My Gear:
Allergic
C4C please
Last edited by rock roll boy 7 at Aug 21, 2007,
Quote by rock roll boy 7

props to the suction cup idea, worked amazingly easy, on my first try =)

I normally just turn my guitar upside down and give it a quick, gentle shake and it falls to my lap.
btw, make sure you hold the thread of the pot, when tightening, so that you dont spin the pots base around, this could break a weak solder connection.. just be carfully,

in a old post i told someone how to do it, then he posts back.. " works perfect.. not loose anymore.. just one problem... no sound now.." hahaha no lie.. anyways, he broke a connection....

nice easy job though... and for opening the back, do what virusdetected said, or even better use a bit of bluetac, and like use it to pull the back plate off..
My Gear
  • Ibanez RG 350 DX ( White )
    Seymour Duncan - Jb Model (Old)
    DiMarzio YJM DP217
    DiMarzio Evolution

• Laney Linebacker L50
  • Ibanez ThrashMetal
  • V-amp Effect Board
  • Roland MicroCube
Quote by shredtheibanez
btw, make sure you hold the thread of the pot, when tightening, so that you dont spin the pots base around, this could break a weak solder connection.. just be carfully,

in a old post i told someone how to do it, then he posts back.. " works perfect.. not loose anymore.. just one problem... no sound now.." hahaha no lie.. anyways, he broke a connection....

nice easy job though... and for opening the back, do what virusdetected said, or even better use a bit of bluetac, and like use it to pull the back plate off..

awesome thanks a lot for all your tips, how ever I tightened it before i knew i was suposed to hold it....... so you were a little late, now ive gotta go to a guitar repair shop tomorrow.....

haha just kiddin, wouldnt that suck though =) =P
On a lighter note haha, your own the guitar I want, great minds think a like. Only thing is I'm about 300 bucks short still lol. I need a job... but anyways what can you tell me about it, any pros - cons? anything about it would be nice. Seeing as ive never touched one, or seen one in real life...
My Gear:
Allergic
C4C please