hey i was wondering if anyone has a Schecter Synyster Custom as i am looking at buying one . . . . can anyone let me know if they are any good and what they are like to play

Thanks

\m/\m/
If you're after a Schecter you can get better guitars for that price. The Synyster Custom isn't particularly great.

Look at a C-1 Classic.
ok thanks .... have you played one?
if so does it sound similar to the syn custom?
Yes, I've played the C-1 Classic, and it's extremely comfortable. In fact, it was on my list for a long while until I developed a taste for twang, and decided to keep my MiM Strat and start saving for a top amp.

In terms of sound, the C-1 to me sounds better. I have a vague recollection the Invaders in the Custom weren't too keen on being driven cleanly. I would seriously go for the C-1 Classic, more guitar for your money

Also, have you considered other brands for rock/metal? Ibanez? Jackson? Don't alienate yourself from the opportunities of other brands out there
Quote by Don_Humpador
Yes, I've played the C-1 Classic, and it's extremely comfortable. In fact, it was on my list for a long while until I developed a taste for twang, and decided to keep my MiM Strat and start saving for a top amp.

In terms of sound, the C-1 to me sounds better. I have a vague recollection the Invaders in the Custom weren't too keen on being driven cleanly. I would seriously go for the C-1 Classic, more guitar for your money

Also, have you considered other brands for rock/metal? Ibanez? Jackson? Don't alienate yourself from the opportunities of other brands out there

What he said. I've found that most Ibanez guitars (Including mine ) blow my friend's C-1 Hellraiser away in terms of sound and playability.
C-1 classic is a nice guitar, but if you want a guitar similar to the syn custom (but better), try a hellraiser fr. It has floyd like a syn, and it also has active emgs. Its around the same price as a syn, too. I have the hellraiser c1, which is the same but without the floyd. Really really nice guitar.

My advice is to avoid artist signature models when buying a guitar. Theyre usually overpriced, and if you ever want to gig with it, people will say stuff like "oh, they're just trying to be like -----". I guess the RR1 is an exception, though.
Quote by deaththrashcore
What he said. I've found that most Ibanez guitars (Including mine ) blow my friend's C-1 Hellraiser away in terms of sound and playability.

Ya, Ibanez necks blow everything else out of the water, but most Ibanez stock pups sound pretty sub par.

sry for the double post
Schecter FTW

really try the C-1 Classic, I own it myself and it's great
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
thanks all of ya i'll look into those guitars . . . i was looking at getting an ibanez but the syn custom looked and sounded really kl when i've heard it.

\m/\m/