Does anyone know how to replicate that sound he makes? i plan on buying a telecaster and want to know how he does it... any help is apreciated
god i havnt listened to him in so long
by the way i dont know how he does it
Quote by RizzoWashburn
Oh, and this is the internet. I have the right to be a douchebag. Fuck off.
The natural twang of a clean telecaster my friends... and also try to get everything pinched harmoniced if you know what i mean. dont let your notes ring. i like to mute them as if i was trying to squeeze out a pinch harmonic.
According to an old issue of Guitar One magazine he uses telecasters (obviously) with Ernie ball 10 - 46 strings. He uses different pickups in each guitar Dr. Z Prescription amps. For effects it says he favours Boss DD-2, Way Huge Aqua-Puss and Ibanez AD-80 delay pedals, a Boss Blues Driver, a Hotcake Distortion, an EBS compressor, a VHT Valvulator, a DOD phaser, a Boss CS-2 and an Elecrto-Harmonix Holier Grail reverb. The copy I refer t is almost 2 years old though so its very possible he has changed some parts of his setup since then hope this helps
my band Crimson Angel

PM me if you're interested in drumming for us
telecaster, i imagine a deluxe reverb would work very well. and sometimes a tiny bit of od.
and you must really be good at hybrid picking