so, im pretty sure the practice would help alot with the pinky, but the only problem i have...i think i can use it, but it just sticks out. my other fingers are on the neck, while the pinkys flying high! no lie! you knwo this...BAAALLLINNN!! sorry...but yeah. its like im playing the guitar with class...ya know? sticks straight up in the air...and i just noticed it...i mean, i knew it did, but i never payed attention to it. it really looks funny....how can i make it stop??? how can i have it hovering over the neck instead of flying above it???

when i do the chromatic scale thing its like...

da da da....da

cuz my pinky takes forever to get there...what all can i do, on and off the guitar if possible than can make my pinky usefull???
My Stuff:

Alvarez acoustic guitar
Peavey Rotor-EXP
BC RICH Warlock Bass
B (Fender Strat Knock off)

Johnson amp
Line 6 Spider III amp
Randall RG-300 Head Amp
thatll only make it less useful..i want it to be useful
My Stuff:

Alvarez acoustic guitar
Peavey Rotor-EXP
BC RICH Warlock Bass
B (Fender Strat Knock off)

Johnson amp
Line 6 Spider III amp
Randall RG-300 Head Amp
Cut it off an use it as a capo?

Seriously though, every guitarist has this problem early on in their playing career.

You simply need to start using your pinky more. Even work on just pressing it down on a fret, hold it there, and repeat a few times.

It's just like working out any other muscle group; you need to build memory and strength using reps and sets.