Okay i've hit a frustrating point in learning more music theory. I really wanted to learn scales, but keep in mind i've only been playing for 4 months, so I intended to take my time on it, cause I have years to do this. So I got this program called Guitar Scales Method. It first ran me through the basic stuff, like what a mode is, what scale degrees are, the semi-tones and tones, accidentals, and how certain types chords are constructed. Which was a good read.... I then memorized all the scale shapes, and...

Well, this (pardon my french) ****ING **** program makes me multitask 4 things at once, playing scale patterns, learning more on scales, then playing them, then learning how each kind of scale works, then... well ****, it's not taking things one at a time here!

When I run across **** like this it makes me so frustrated! So i've ditched that gay program cause it assumes I have a brain the size of a basketball.

So I'm asking you guys what should I start off with learning now. I've learned what modes are, what scale degrees are, understand how scale patterns work, I know all 5 scale shapes, and can play them adequately across the entire fretboard, I know how chords are constructed.. BUT I haven't memorized the notes in every key yet. I don't know where each shape appears for what key that I want to play, clueless as to where the scales start and stop in these shapes as well...etc.

Is there a special way I can accomplish learning this? If any at all? Post thoughts please!
Gear:
- G&L Tribute Series Legacy Guitar
- Behringer V-tone GM108 15-watt amp
Thanks a lot! I may have sort of over-reacted there, because I was just thinking about that stupid program and it ticked me off, but what I'm wondering is what certain techniques some of you guys used to figure out things like: What scales does this chord connect to? Where do I play this scale shape? For what Key?

I know there's some good scale know it alls here who can help me out.
Gear:
- G&L Tribute Series Legacy Guitar
- Behringer V-tone GM108 15-watt amp