This is my first time at attempting to write a song with lyrics. I'm actually doing good, and I have one part of it where there is ONE chord that.. isn't real. It sounds good though. (capo 2nd fret then (from low to high) 100110) I've checked on sites where you put in the chord and it tells you what it is.. well this is nothing. Anyways.. thats ok.. right? haha
So its

e|2|
B|3|
G|3|
D|2|
A|2|
E|3|

Im pretty sure it is a chord - duno what tho.
any combinations of more than 1 note is a chord. considering you have 4 notes or more in that chord your playing its most liely some 9, 11, 13 chord
Last edited by clizo123 at Aug 21, 2007,
Look- any harmonic interval can be classed as a chord (in a way) just strumming all open strings is a chord. (not a great one but oh well). Where do you think dissonance came from?, the 7b9 chord?
Quote by clizo123
any combinations of more than 1 note is a chord

Any combination of 3 or more notes is a chord (triad).
epic7734
Doesn't sound that good to me, just playing it by itself. Mind linking me to where I could read/see your whole song? Some chords just sound better in a flow with other chords. But you can make anything up you want, it's not like a song can be disqualified for not being theoretically correct. I just messed around and to me

e|2|
B|4|
G|4|
D|2|
A|2|
E|4|

Sounds pretty good. Does anyone know if that's a chord?
Quote by acjshapiro

Quote by Vrstone87

meh, I've listened to every radiohead album and honestly don't get what everyone loves about them.....

cause you're ****ing stupid

Quote by clizo123
any combinations of more than 1 note is a chord

Three or more notes, wiseguy.

So, we have G B E Bb D F#.

Gmaj7b9?

Edit - to guy above.

G# B E B Eb F#.

Emaj79 in the second inversion (/G#).
Last edited by CanCan at Aug 21, 2007,
I don't know music theory, so I don't know where you come up with that.

But to whoever asked the chords before it:

224432 (am with capo on 2nd), 254232 (cmaj with capo), 244232,422432 (unknown chord.. sounds bluesish minorish)
Quote by CanCan

2 or more, ever heard of dyads(sp?) ? But thats nick picking at a pointless issue.

E 2
B 3
G 4
D 2
A 2
E 4

G# B E B D F#

G#m7(b5,b13) I think.
Quote by cakemonster91

*chuckle* A peanut. With a face.

Go to your staff paper and re-write this song a half step down so on the paper it'll be like you have a "C" just move it down to a "B#"

Know your theory, then play like you don't.

Quote by Peanut1614
2 or more, ever heard of dyads(sp?) ? But thats nick picking at a pointless issue.

E 2
B 3
G 4
D 2
A 2
E 4

G# B E B D F#

G#m7(b5,b13) I think.

I thought it was an A# on the G string. Well if i'm right does that change anything?
epic7734
Quote by epic7734
I thought it was an A# on the G string. Well if i'm right does that change anything?

Nope, 3 is an A#, 4 is B. Did you never learn how to tune a guitar by tuning it to a fret on the string above?
Quote by cakemonster91

Go to your staff paper and re-write this song a half step down so on the paper it'll be like you have a "C" just move it down to a "B#"

Quote by Peanut1614
Nope, 3 is an A#, 4 is B. Did you never learn how to tune a guitar by tuning it to a fret on the string above?

I thought we were talking about the original chord posted, not the other one.

And what is the deal with the tuning comment. Kinda rude don't you think?
epic7734
Last edited by epic7734 at Aug 21, 2007,
Quote by CanCan

So somehow a 2 note powerchord is not a chord then?

It's 2 notes or more.

The chord in the first post could be any number of things, I have chosen to call it:

Bmin,maj7add11/G

However seeing as how it has no context and I have no guitar at work I have no idea how useful it may or may not be.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
So somehow a 2 note powerchord is not a chord then?

It's 2 notes or more.

You're wrong, two notes together are called a dyad.

If you're gonna act like you know something at least make sure you're right first.

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
A powerchord technically isn't a chord due to the definition of a chord as three or more notes played simultaneously. A powerchord can be called an diad, or an interval, but it ain't a chord.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by RileyB
This is my first time at attempting to write a song with lyrics. I'm actually doing good, and I have one part of it where there is ONE chord that.. isn't real. It sounds good though. (capo 2nd fret then (from low to high) 100110) I've checked on sites where you put in the chord and it tells you what it is.. well this is nothing. Anyways.. thats ok.. right? haha

It is Em11+ inverted.

to 3holepunch: it's inverted Emaj9.
Quote by Johnljones7443
my neew year reslosutions are not too drikn as much lol.

happy new yeeae guyas.
Quote by epic7734

And what is the deal with the tuning comment. Kinda rude don't you think?

Possibly would be rude yes, but A) I tabbed out the chord I was talking about and and the notes involved. B) I was serious, I'd assume even the most basic guitar player would know a 4 on G is a B, hence i don't think that it was rude, it was a real question. Logic dosn't really work right through here but I'm a bit drunk.
Quote by cakemonster91

Quote by Peanut1614
Possibly would be rude yes, but A) I tabbed out the chord I was talking about and and the notes involved. B) I was serious, I'd assume even the most basic guitar player would know a 4 on G is a B, hence i don't think that it was rude, it was a real question. Logic dosn't really work right through here but I'm a bit drunk.

Well i've seen plenty of your posts, and i know you are here to help people, and you do a good job at it.

The original Chord posted and the one you posted(when you were answering a different post), looked similar at first glance. I was still working out the original question when i saw your post. That was my mistake, but this isn't the MT. Some of us still have to take the time to figure these things out.
epic7734