Hey, I am seriously thinking about purchasing the Fender Highway One Stratocaster. Does anyone have one? What do you think about it? What are other peoples opinions on it? I've tried a ton of strats and this one just clicked with me.
How do you feel about a finish that will fall apart quickly? If you don't mind, get it.
A beautiful guitar, just a shame it's all single coils. Depends on what you play though bud.

SKEPTEDIT: Ignore me, you can get them HSS.
Last edited by 7DaySkeptic at Aug 21, 2007,
Yeah I'm kinda excited for the finish to fade away and become vintage. Thats a cool look
i've heard nothing but good things about it
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
the nitro finish also gives it better tone. i prefer the highway one strats to american strats if the pickups are upgraded
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by 7DaySkeptic
A beautiful guitar, just a shame it's all single coils. Depends on what you play though bud.

Its a strat.... it NEEDS single coils.

Threadstarter, I played one at GC and it was awesome. I really like the look of the not shiny finish... not shiny haha. Yeah the neck on the on I played was great. There wasn't any major or minor imperfections that I could find and I don't think you'll find any cause Fender still has good quality control. Overall I really liked it. I'm actually considering one as my next guitar purchase but I gotta get a tube amp first.
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Quote by 7DaySkeptic

i thought you could get them with a humbucker in the bridge.

..maybe i'm wrong.
Beautiful guitars. Cracking pickups and great paint job, they will relic beautifully over the years.

Just do me a favour and get the Telecaster haha. They are soooo nice. I prefer the Highway One Tele to the MiA Standard Tele.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I love the 3 tone sunburst with the rosewood fretboard, just like John's From RHCP.
what color is the wood under the paint?
i was thinking about how it would relic fairly sooner than other guitars, but wondering if it would relic nicely?
For a similar price, you could get a Carvin Bolt.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Highway 1's are not a big deal. Better than most Mexican Strats. I'd spend the little xtra and get a regular American strat though.
I think the highway one is more for me than the standard, they sound exacly the same and i prefer the nitro finish
Quote by guitaruboy
what color is the wood under the paint?
i was thinking about how it would relic fairly sooner than other guitars, but wondering if it would relic nicely?

Well modern guitars don't really relic as such, as they have poly based paints. Nigh on indistructable haha. Old guitars and reissues such as this has nitro based paints, which means they are thinner and some believe a better resonance. More importantly for the visual aspect, they wear away, just like all those battered looking vintage guitars you see. I'd imagine it'd show signs of relic'ing after a year or so depending on how heavy handed you are.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I have the H1 HSS, it's an amazing guitar. It makes my Spider 15 sound good. I would suggest the HSS model because it adds so much more versatility.
My Setup
Fender Stratocaster Highway One HSS
Marshall Lead 12 Combo 5005