ive been playing for about a year, and octaves just seem to f*** me up. can anyone help me with octaves?

and i mean octaves, the power chords with the muted string in the middle, not any other kind of octaves
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
What exactly do you need help with?
--Gear List--
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Duncan Hot Rails
Duncan JB Jr.
Peavey Bandit
Sigma DR28
like, if you do that power chord with the string muted, the lower string is exactly one octave lower than the one higher. which is 13 semitones above. i think.
Quote by Mad Marius
No, I saw them on that documentary, Jurassic Park. They walked around and ate electric fences and people.
Yeah what part of it exactly do you need help with?
Quote by acjshapiro

Quote by Vrstone87

meh, I've listened to every radiohead album and honestly don't get what everyone loves about them.....

cause you're ****ing stupid

12 semitones, and what problems do you have with it? I am guessing its finger placement, if that is the case, I use two fingers, one for the high note, one for the low note, and the finger on the lower note rests on the string above muting it.
Would you ____ me?
I would ___ me.
I would ___ me hard.
Index on the lower octave, and pink on the top should help your finger placement if that's where your going at?
I use my ring finger for the higher note personally. It's good to be able to stretch your fingers more, makes you a more versatile player.
Quote by acjshapiro

Quote by Vrstone87

meh, I've listened to every radiohead album and honestly don't get what everyone loves about them.....

cause you're ****ing stupid

Yea, you try using your ring when playing an octave on the top 4 strings on the first 3 frets. ;P
sure, it's a stretch on the lower end of the top four strings, but it's doable. I'd say just try both ways, in that case, and do what feels better. Stretching is good, but so is pinky strength.
\m/