going there for a vacation in a five star hotel its pretty cool. other then the monuments and memorials what else is there to do any good restaurants or like good stores to go to? by any chance is there a guitar center there?
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

founder of the ibanez rg owners of the world club pm me to join
the hard rock cafe there is amazing! they have so much awesome stuff.
make sure not to say the word "assassinate" loudly (or at all,) while in the proximity of the white house...i learned that the hard way...espn sports-zone is pretty sweet
Last edited by That-Funny-Guy at Aug 21, 2007,
Yeah, the Hard Rock Cafe is awesome. Also, there's a sports center I went to briefly while there, I forget what it was called but it was quite cool. There isn't any shortage of museums either.
Member #11 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join

Quote by MuffinMan
Women: the newest form of currency.
The spy museums was awesome! Same with the holocaust museums.

^ Go to both of those.
Quote by Silent_Jester13
This is the biggest collection of ADD i've ever seen.
I live there and I'm gonna be hanging out in the city tomorrow.

You should go to the Cochran...and just shout UG UG UG everywhere. That's where I'm a be at.

Or go to the Hershwin or the National Gallery.

MODERN ART!

The guitar center isn't in DC. The closest one to it is in Arlington. That I know of at least...
DOWN&OUT
yeah the guitar center is at 7 corners. where you live at jett? i'm in alexandria
Viva La Resistance!

RIP Bellamy, 2/7/07. Bye little buddy.
Smithsonian Air Museum
Smithsonian Museum of Natural History
Smithsonian Museum of American History
Washington Monument
Holocaust Museum (I never got to go, because there's a certain process you have to do to get tix)
Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
Jefferson Memorial

That's all I can think of at the moment.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
you could come to my house and we can go to the guitar center!!!!

to fallenangel - for the holocaust museum i think we just got tickets outside the museum and went in when the exhibit opened. i dont think you need to pay either, but they could have changed it...
▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
▼Now he thinks he's a fire engine
Quote by Jett Diamond
I live there and I'm gonna be hanging out in the city tomorrow.

You should go to the Cochran...and just shout UG UG UG everywhere. That's where I'm a be at.

Or go to the Hershwin or the National Gallery.

MODERN ART!

The guitar center isn't in DC. The closest one to it is in Arlington. That I know of at least...

will do but idk what time im getting there im leaving very early
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

I've never had to get tickets for the Holocaust museum either...weird.

I'ma be there all morning me thinks. Look for purple hair.
DOWN&OUT
um, there are a few clubs if you like clubbin...fur, love, etc etc.
if consequences dictate my course of action

i should play god and shoot you myself
kk
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

Quote by sysdown27
you could come to my house and we can go to the guitar center!!!!

to fallenangel - for the holocaust museum i think we just got tickets outside the museum and went in when the exhibit opened. i dont think you need to pay either, but they could have changed it...

I can't remember. All I know is it was around 5 years back, and we went to get the tickets, and we had to cancel that plan because something didn't fit right with plans.

But, I think you're right. It's like buying movie tickets, right? You buy tickets, and come back when the tour starts?
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by fallenangel20
I can't remember. All I know is it was around 5 years back, and we went to get the tickets, and we had to cancel that plan because something didn't fit right with plans.

But, I think you're right. It's like buying movie tickets, right? You buy tickets, and come back when the tour starts?

yeah i think there was some guy handing out tickets, but we were early so we walked around then just went back when it opened.
▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
Quote by garden of grey
Natural history museum. I love it.

PS; The Cavemen exhibit upstairs has no sensors or alarms on it.

Seriously?! Why didn't I know that! I'm so going there tomorrow.
DOWN&OUT
first and hopefully last time i went there outside of our hotel was 2 pan handlers which i find ironic since its the nations capitol
Quote by gfh10h
yeah the guitar center is at 7 corners. where you live at jett? i'm in alexandria

i live in alexandria too, what hs did you go to? i worked at the guitar center 7 corners location for a few months earlier this year.

ok ill look out for u guys chances are u wont see me tomorro caus it depends wat time we get there. but ill be wearing pants and a black ozzy t shirt youll see with my older bro and parents but if u see me plz dont come to me a simple wave will do.
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

I live right outside DC...i hardly EVER go there...i should

dont go to the holocaust museum its boring
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
Quote by gfh10h

Hey I live near that Guitar Center at 7 Corners (sorta)... I live in Falls Church. It'd be weird if I saw you around here. I have a blue mohawk so you probably would have known if you did haha.
I've had Alzheimer's Disease for as long as I can remember.

Quote by damian_91
Pleasure2kill, you are a genius!
Quote by giventofly
i live in alexandria too, what hs did you go to? i worked at the guitar center 7 corners location for a few months earlier this year.

Hell yeah! More locals (sorta). Where do you go to high school man? I go to Marshall.

Quote by damian_91
Try to jump the fence onto the white house lawn and make a run for the building.
Go to the museum of natural history. Better than the one here in NYC in my opinion, and it's free. As a matter of fact, all the museums and stuff there are free, so you might as well take advantage of some and see what's there.

Also if you can get tickets...when I go to DC with my dad we go and see the marine corps drill team...it's located on the corner of 8th and I i think...it's really awesome, you should try and go see it.
Quote by astepabove
Hey. Guess what. I'm hittin' omgnowai. Yep. That's right. Seriously. Ask her. She'll say "Yes, astepabove is hittin' me".

yeah...he is. hehe
Quote by Pleasure2kill
Hell yeah! More locals (sorta). Where do you go to high school man? I go to Marshall.

i went to edison, now im going to nova like a champ haha

Quote by (...)
The spy museums was awesome! Same with the holocaust museums.

^ Go to both of those.

yea the spy museam is crazy

theres a lot of great clubs too, i would avoid H20 though.
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
Quote by giventofly
i went to edison, now im going to nova like a champ haha

Haha I'll probably be going there next year. Watch for my friend, she starts at nova in like a week I think. (weird hair colors and tons of peircings, she's hard to miss. She's cool as hell though!)

Quote by damian_91
Quote by Hpda5121
yea the spy museam is crazy

theres a lot of great clubs too, i would avoid H20 though.

▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
I'm wearing my Hard Rock Café shirt from DC right now. Check out the Spy museum for sure. Also check out the Smithsonian, specifically the Space museum. I went as part of a band trip so sneaking out at 2 in the morning was part of the fun.
Smithsonian has a number of free and cool museums. The Spy Museum is also really cool, you have to pay but it's definitely worth it. Plus there's a bunch of memorials and monuments and such, too many to mention.
holocaust museum

its eye opening, and quite sad. definitely make sure you get to it.

also, check out Arlington Cemetary. its incredible to see how big it is. the changing of the guard at the tomb of the unknown soldier is really cool to see.
Last edited by daytripper75 at Aug 22, 2007,
The holocaust museum was really sad. Definitely an incredible museum though.
Air and Space is cool, so is Natural History. I've never been a very big fan of art galleries, and I wasn't a big fan of the Native American one either. I haven't had the chance to go to the Spy Museum, but I've heard great things.

Also agreed on trying to see the Marine Corps or Army Drill Team or Color Guard or whatever they're called, they're awesome.

You could go see the stairs from The Exorcist in Georgetown.

The Netherlands Carillon/Iwo Jima Memorial is cool. Right next to the Arlington Cemetery, which is a pretty powerful sight.

The Kennedy Center is cool to look around, and they have free concerts sometimes. Don't drive there though, it's like $15 to park.

There's a great barbecue restaurant that's kind of small and informal a few blocks away from the Verizon Center called the Capital Q. I wouldn't suggest going right around lunchtime on a weekday though, it gets crazy busy, I'd say go for like a late lunch in the afternoon. I recommend the beef brisket or pulled chicken, mashed potatoes and sweet tea. I'm not biased because I know the owner or anything though... If you're rich (which the 5 star hotel implies) and feel like going out for a fancy dinner, then I'd recommend The Palm or the 1789 (I have family members that have worked/work at both).

The closest Guitar Center is about 5 minutes from my house (Yay Arlington! I guess...) I don't think it's really worth going to though, it's nothing special. Also in Arlington though, is a cool store named Action Music that has a bunch of really cool vintage gear, that might be worth a quick look.
Last edited by gibsonpenguin at Aug 22, 2007,
Quote by giventofly

TC Williams, I'm a senior this year. Using "Remember the Titans" as an icebreaker in a conversation is pro.
Viva La Resistance!

RIP Bellamy, 2/7/07. Bye little buddy.