So the first time i've ever been to guitar center I walk in and theres this guy playing lamb of god out of a line 6 spider stack i was like hah. so I walk over and plug a guitar into a Marshall Jcm 2000 stack and it wasn't what I expected. So i walk over and plug it into a $400 Crate ss stack and the tone was sweet! Got done with that, plugged it into the spider stack and the effects were awesome, and the tone wasn't that bad either. So just wondering for everyone that bashes these amps, have you played them? and what didn't you like about them :S.

oh, I played a MG Fullstack and it sucked lol.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
oh, thanks man .
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

lol sorry didnt mean to sound like an asshole. just meant that what sounds good to me wont sound good to a metal monster for example
I guess. was just looking for a more legit answer lol

eh, that crate halfstack might have some serious gain, but in reality, there's not much of a difference in tone between the 2 dist. channels.

it's a instant-gratification amp for sure, but it gets so stale and buzzy after a while.

it seems to me that the higher amps aren't all 'plug and play' and require tweaking and a careful ear.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
and about the spider, it just didnt seem to have any depth. i played one next to a crate palamino amp, and the spider or spyder whatever the hell it is just sounded bland and lifeless. and the insane setting was a little over the top, and worthless. also it hummed like crazy. i tried a jcm2000 the same day and it was awesome. i guess its all what sounds good to you
i the palomino. up until i met a rockerverb...
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
I can understand these amps sounding pretty neat in the shop. They're higher gainier than the tube amp nearby. There's no mix to cut thru, and they sound their best at lower volumes.

Then you bring it home and it's your only amp. It gets more digital sounding everyday. The effects all sound phony, and rather alike. You bring it to band practice and it sounds like thin, harsh fuzz. The new guitarist shows up with a 30W tube combo and now you can't even hear yourself anymore, and you can't figure out why.

But it sounded so cool in the store!
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
heh ^..

Quote by slatsmania
I can understand these amps sounding pretty neat in the shop. They're higher gainier than the tube amp nearby. There's no mix to cut thru, and they sound their best at lower volumes.

Then you bring it home and it's your only amp. It gets more digital sounding everyday. The effects all sound phony, and rather alike. You bring it to band practice and it sounds like thin, harsh fuzz. The new guitarist shows up with a 30W tube combo and now you can't even hear yourself anymore, and you can't figure out why.

that happened to my other guitarist, when i bought my valveking, even though i don't like the vk's tone very much, it destroys my old crate, in ever way, especially since i can hear what notes i am playing now, and it doesn't sound like im at the dentist any more, at least for me, don't get me started on my other guitarist, i love him, but his amp has got to go
c-1 classic
mim strat (not fender)
valveking 112
Boss dd20 giga delay
Boss phase shifter
more to come
fender acoustic

my band

Quote by someperson
buy a wah wah pedal. Easier to use, and you won't have to re-tune your guitar after you use it.
Quote by slatsmania

pretty much. Everybody has different opinions. You might not really be any good at setting an eq yet, which could explain the ****tiness of the JCM.
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
My real peeve with the spider series is the lack of usable dynamics. Not much difference in tone when I really bite down when I pick, no extra oomph like on my amps. The tone itself is ok, but it starts to sound generic after awhile.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
/\ haha tacos awesome
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
Quote by slatsmania

+100000000000000
Gibson SG spesial

Marshall 1987X MKII Head
Genz Benz El diablo 100 Head
Genz Benz Gflex 212 cab.

Korg AX1500G multi effects pedal
Quote by slatsmania

That happened to me with the Tonelabs SE
I tried it out at the music fair in Frankfurt when I was still a beginner and had a relatively cheap SS amp. And they only had headphones - no amp connected do it. I thought it sounded sooo great. So when inherited a lot of money a few years later I bought it. Just that I'm playing a JSX now. Seems much worse than when I tried it out and now I'm gonna sell it on ebay.
Quote by Reincaster
My real peeve with the spider series is the lack of usable dynamics. Not much difference in tone when I really bite down when I pick, no extra oomph like on my amps. The tone itself is ok, but it starts to sound generic after awhile.
Yeah, it's modelled gain, not actual gain - you don't ever get any feedback unless you totally crank the amp.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by MrCarrot
Yeah, it's modelled gain, not actual gain - you don't ever get any feedback unless you totally crank the amp.

and even then, it's not the good kinda feedback.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
It sounded good in the store at low volumes - all modeling amps do when playing shred crap.
Take both amps into a rehearsal with a full band and watch the DSL do its thing.
You'd better save your receipt from the Spider.
I didn't buy it ^ I have a Peavey VK 112.

But I had a buckethead type effect on and I was sweeping this Atreyu song and it sounded completely awesome lol.

thats because youve probably played very few actual pedals, so in comparison, those effects sound great because you havnt heard what theyre trying to model. When you do, youll hear the difference.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat