I'm sure its been done but the search bar just barfed up some linux. so, ideas?
Founder of the "Foundation to replace Jacob's stolen phone foundation of America" PM me to contribute to this noble cause, no donation is too small, or large for that matter
How the guitar works ..

The science of sound - big ass diagram of what happens when you play a note, from it coming out the amp , travelling through the air, and entering your ear

Very easy to do, LOTS of info on it and you can put lots of detail in

I'm thinking something higher level but I can never come up with anything
Founder of the "Foundation to replace Jacob's stolen phone foundation of America" PM me to contribute to this noble cause, no donation is too small, or large for that matter
make a huge ass demonstration guitar with like cardboard and those foam tubes (hardware store, for plumbing i think) for strings. i did it once and at break I got weird looks, whell its not everyday you see a kid run around with a 10 foot guitar. and music theory and stuff and how the strings make sound from a soundhole/pickups.

edit: A-, lawl
-Gear-
- Jasmine by takamine acoustic
...that's it
I'm in 9th but I'd like to do something a bit above that
Tell 'em how harmonics work. Then do a **** load of pinches. That'll drive 'em nuts.
Quote by quincy514
Dave Matthews Band. I guess they're talented, but I find that every one of their fans seems to be a big tool with a popped collar and backwards Polo hat.

YES!!!
in 6th grade or something i did a project on how the magnets in the pickups work. i think i got a good grade. you can elaborate pretty far, and than go into detail on the electrical signals and how they work with amplifiers.
ehh
explain how tapping works and why and then demonstrate. you'll get laid almost instantly
Gear
Epiphone Black Les Paul Standard with gold Grover tuners
Fender Mexican Electric Blue Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss CS-1 Compression/Sustainer
Quote by orion284
explain how tapping works and why and then demonstrate. you'll get laid almost instantly

ROFL
My Gear=
ESP Horizon w/ Seymour Duncan bridge pickup
Mesa Boogie DC-5 50W
BOSS GT-6 Effect Processor
Maybe explain how the various pickups work, humbuckers and double/single coils. There's lots of science in that, magnetism n' shizz.
Quote by jakerickman9208
What strings create a better sound

True, that is a topic which is rich in physics. Acoustic researchers continue to study this topic extensively for all types of musical instruments including guitars. Heck, my University has an acoustics lab which is sponsored by Gibson!

Some topic examples for a project: One thing that creates a better string, is when you have the flexural note equal to the longitudinal note. The flexural note will still be the dominant sound, but the sound will be lower quality if these two notes are mismatched. (The octaves don't matter much, just the note)

You could a project that explains how guitar string factors like tension, cross sectional area, material and length affect the frequency of waves generated on the string.

Also, when you bend a string, you are increasing tension, which increases the frequency. You could describe the physics behind this, and create graphs of frequency vs. deflection to be "scientific" about, if you can use an acoustic oscilloscope setup of course.

Many, MANY other concepts in acoustics/vibrations could also be demonstrated. Lol, you could even do a project explaining damage to human hearing due to playing stuff too loud.

There are also concepts from circuits and electricity & magnetism that could be demonstrated on the electric guitar.

Try more web searches, just try to be more creative with what you put into the search engines. Put some scientific sounding crap in the search engines and scientific sounding crap will be thrown back at you!
Quote by BearWithAGun
I've only known one man to use such a gun, and I believe I've killed him two times
Last edited by pyrochris at Aug 21, 2007,