if i learn the pattern of a mode...is it the same for every key or it changes??
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
if you learn the major scale pattern...is it the same in every key?
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
Quote by EZLN libertad
if you learn the major scale pattern...is it the same in every key?

most of them except on D...at least that's what i've figured out...i might be completely wrong though, that's why i'm asking
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
You can change form in the same position, or change position but keep the same form of pattern.
"grateful is he who plays with open fingers" - Me

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
Quote by Outside Octaves
You can change form in the same position, or change position but keep the same form of pattern.

thanks
-Homer Simpson
The guitar is a symmetrical instrument. Play a Bm bar chord. Move it up two frets, and you have C#m. Play the Bm scale (pattern/box) and move the entire thing up two frets, you have C#m. The boxes switch keys, but they don't switch formation.

Don't always think of modes as a little box. Modes are a separate scale of their own. Each has their own mood and and style. Each has a different formula.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
Quote by bluesrocker101
The guitar is a symmetrical instrument. Play a Bm bar chord. Move it up two frets, and you have C#m. Play the Bm scale (pattern/box) and move the entire thing up two frets, you have C#m. The boxes switch keys, but they don't switch formation.

Don't always think of modes as a little box. Modes are a separate scale of their own. Each has their own mood and and style. Each has a different formula.

thanks i'm trying to figure out this stuff by myself and i was a little confused
-Homer Simpson
Quote by blues-guitarist
thanks i'm trying to figure out this stuff by myself and i was a little confused

No problem. this is a great place to ask questions for that kinda stuff. Anymore questions, just ask!

DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
sorry if my post sounded cocky, what i was trying to get across is that its symmetrical like mentioned before, and no matter where you are the patterns stay the same, granted there are different patterns for the different intervals between strings, but those are the only things that change it, plus the 2 different octave slants
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.