Page 1 of 2
I find that knowing a lot about your hooby makes things a lot better, if not only funner. So what's your area of expertise...Guitars, Effects, Amps...Accessories??

What can you look at, if even at a distance, and know exactly what it is, if not an educated guess..

Or maybe it's all 3/4...

Explain..
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
guitarz.
i <3 my gibson.

proud member of the anti-ibanez milita. my rg1570 was the crappiest guitar i've ever owned.

Quote by Rankles
Christ. I'd hate to see you break a pencil, you'd probably go on a killing spree.
most ibanez guitars
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
faded les pauls, shitty crate amps, good crate amps, derr... other good amps.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
not to sound like a complete douche, but ive researched alot of effects, amps, and guitars/guitar components, and while i couldnt wire my own amp or effect, Id like to think im pretty knowledgeable in those areas.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
I work sales and repairs at a music store, I kind of need to somewhat know my ****.

I know Vox AC30s and 15s, Fender Teles, and fuzz pedals inside and out though (mainly because I own several teles and fuzz pedals).
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
drugs
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
All of them. I'm the neighborhood tech guy, even though I don't think I'm that good.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
electronics, repair and maintenance. bass and drums then guitar and piano
Fender '51 Precision Bass
Hofner Verythin LTD Edition Guitar in Walnut w/ Bigsby
Engelhardt ES9 Upright Bass
1968 Trayner YBA 1A MK II Amp
w/ 6x10 cabinet

www.iaminlimbo.com
Your mom, its what keeps me employed!
Good dealings with:
Vash_08
Madsjc
jdr94
Delanoir
creativlogic
Guitars and Amps for the most part. And fitting them into a budget. That's why I spend most of my time in here with the 'metal amp for $500?' threads.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I know Fuzz Faces, Vox-type wahs, and Rangemasters pretty well. If I've got an area of inexpertise, though, it's Marshalls. The earlier models, and who used them when, are all a big haze of Plexi to me. Once I'm in the JCM series, I know which is which decently well, though. Somewhat ironic, seeing as the more modern you get with Marshalls, the more I hate them, and the older you get the more I love them.
I'll say theory and chords.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Bass Knowledge.... (I've played bass a couple years longer than guitar..) Guitat Effects, Cleaning and Care, and A mixture of guitar knowledge.
Tubes, tube amps, pedal design. I've got a really good ear for tiny changes in the signal path, like cable brands or tone capacitor types.
I'm no good with high-gain/metal stuff though, or modulation effects.
Nice, nice...

I wouldn't say I know all guitars well, but I can hold my old if talking about Fender/Squier, Gibson/Epiphone, or vintage/not well known guitars.

I'm much more compitent with effects though. They're my "thing" I love 'em bunches (that sounded so...)

And I know a bit of Fender and Vox amps as well.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
I probably know about the guitars themselves more than anything.
Last edited by JoeBender at Aug 22, 2007,
I don't have an "area of experitise"

Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Amps the most, I know a lot about amps.

I know a lot about guitars too, but not as much as I don't play them all like I do amps.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Guitars (electronics, wood, hardware, anything about a guitar, I can tell you)

Amps, I can only tell you what my ears hear, and possibly about tubes and certain functions, but I have never worked in an amp before.

Theory - My brain has more music theory in it than you can shake a stick at.
I know quite a bit about amps ever since I started researching an amp for myself.
I know a lot about differen't amps--not necesarlily how amps work kidn of stuff, but how they compare to eachother (particluarly high gain amps).

I know a lot about guitar tech kind of stuff.

I know a lot of theory stuff as well.

And finally--fancy shredding techniques like multi finger tapping (sometime soon I may make a lesson on multi-finger tapping.....)
Im the go to guy for all my friends to setup and maintain their axes, mostly intonation and action probs, the occasional fret dress or refret if im feeling generous with my time, pickup rewiring. Iv been asked to route for buckers before but i have zero experience of routing and i kindly declined stating if it goes wrong i cant be held responsible.
Jack of all trades , Master of none
Gibson SG spesial

Marshall 1987X MKII Head
Genz Benz El diablo 100 Head
Genz Benz Gflex 212 cab.

Korg AX1500G multi effects pedal
Hmmm I would say not having a job, sleeping on my moms couch all day, drinking at any hour of the day., ohh watching tv, and um oh yeah eating potatoe chips.....

HAHA I kid, I am at work typing this and I dont live at home I have a wife and daughter. I just really dont have an area of expertise in the guitar field, although I do like reading up on guitars effects and such.
Well amps and to an extent effects I'm really good at. Some with guitar, but amps really what I'm the best at.

My best area are Oranges, Marshalls and Voxes though.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I could tell you anything about guitars and the differences between them, I know alot about amps and I could build one if I wanted, I can build pedals and understand electronics to a degree, and know what the effects are. I also play the guitar amongst all this
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Last edited by MrCarrot at Aug 22, 2007,
Fenders: the amps up to the 80's, and the guitars (mostly strats). I also know a bit about how to make guitars, pedals and amps; even though pedals are the only ones I have actually made.
I've learned a lot about guitars and amps from UG and from playing them myself. I'm like "The Gear Man" at college, I basically tell everyone what's shit (which more often than not is gear they want to buy)

I can EQ really well (just not on bass amps, they confuse me ) and I'm good at producing in the studio.

I can play the guitar, that's worth something.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Last edited by timi_hendrix at Aug 22, 2007,
Quote by timi_hendrix
I've learned a lot about guitars and amps from UG and from playing them myself. I'm like "The Gear Man" at college, I basically tell everyone what's shit (which more often than not is gear they want to buy)

I was something like that at school too, although I could impress no-one with my knowledge and my vintage amps. I got comments like "why don't you buy a new amp instead of old crap?", "where is the distortion knob? and "haha, my amp is 3x more powerful than yours!", and my personal favourite: "What? Your amp doesn't have any effects?".

I'm really grateful for the internet.
Last edited by mr_hankey at Aug 22, 2007,
Quote by mr_hankey
I was something like that at school too, although I could impress no-one with my knowledge and my vintage amps. I got comments like "why don't you buy a new amp instead of old crap?", "where is the distortion knob? and "haha, my amp is 3x more powerful than yours!", and my resonal favourite: "What? Your amp doesn't have any effects?".

The other guitarist in my band bought a Jem555. I cried
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by mr_hankey
I was something like that at school too, although I could impress no-one with my knowledge and my vintage amps. I got comments like "why don't you buy a new amp instead of old crap?", "where is the distortion knob? and "haha, my amp is 3x more powerful than yours!", and my resonal favourite: "What? Your amp doesn't have any effects?".

I'm like that in my year. Only thing is everybody in my school worships Iron maiden - and therefore they don't listen to me, they'd rather listen to a guy who is a better guitarsit than me but has the epitome of guitar evil - a Jackson DXMG, with a Marshall AVT275 combo. Previously an MG250DFX...He also has all the worst effects you could buy (IMO that is) - GBC95 crybaby, Boss Metal Zones and all that. he said his amp must be better than mine because mine was "5 watts and only had one knob."

God I hate bandwagons. But his gear really does suck.
^Nearly all guitarists in my school play nu-metal with Line 6 Spiders. They sound terrible, so I try to give they some subtle EQ-ing advice (like not putting the mids on 0), but they're ****ing stubborn.
Quote by mr_hankey
^Nearly all guitarists in my school play nu-metal with Line 6 Spiders. They sound terrible, so I try to give they some subtle EQ-ing advice (like not putting the mids on 0), but they're ****ing stubborn.
Oof, well I know the feeling...

Only about 4 guitarists listen to my gear advice. I think the vast majority though, in true bandwagonship of their idol (the guitarist they worship at my school) have MGs with MultiFX processors. It saddens me
Page 1 of 2