Okay, I'm set on getting either the Vox AD50VTXL or the AD100VTXL.

From what I've heard, the 50 watts will be loud enough for band practice, but I might be getting shows soon. The 100 watt is like $200 or so more, and it has an external speaker out and loop send/return jacks on the back.

So I have two questions.

1.) Is the 100 watt worth buying for the extra 50 watts and external speaker out?

2.) What the hell do the loop send/return jacks and external speaker out do?

Thanks a ton for anyone willing to help me out.
Pissed.
You might get better responses if you post this in GG&A. But I'll try to answer here anyway...the 50 watt will most likely be better, not many people use the line out and an effects loops isn't that important if your amp has DFX, in my opinion. What's the price difference? Keep in mind the 100w will be much heavier.

loop send/return: this is for running effects through your amp instead of in your signal chain. It's meant more for things like reverb and delay rather than a distortion pedal.

line out: this is for running your amp into a mixing board for recording or a PA at a huge gig. It will silence your speaker. Most people prefer the sound of a mic'ed speaker to the line out.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall

line out: this is for running your amp into a mixing board for recording or a PA at a huge gig. It will silence your speaker. Most people prefer the sound of a mic'ed speaker to the line out.

He said it's an external speaker out.

I'm pretty sure those are used for extension cabs.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
^ whoops, misread that. The ext. speaker out if for attaching another guitar cab, and it will NOT silence the onboard speaker. sorry!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Quote by Sid McCall
^ whoops, misread that. The ext. speaker out if for attaching another guitar cab, and it will NOT silence the onboard speaker. sorry!

That's fine man, thanks a bunch for helping me out. I really appreciate it.

EDIT: Wait, is that like an extra speaker or something if I want to have more sound?
Pissed.
Yeah, pretty much. It will raise the volume a tiny bit. Or maybe you'll hook up some better quality speakers to get a better tone.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass