hey guys i dont really know where else to put this, but i need a little advice maybe from someone who has gone through this or something. in my class im friends with a lot of people, but not like where i would hang out with them outside of school really. there is this one group that i mainly do stuff with. theres also another kind of group that also kind of hangs out w/ the other one pretty often. the thing is, that im not REALLY part of either one of these, but theyre still the best friends i have. for example, if i didnt call them to ask them if they were doing anything, i probably wouldnt be doing much. but however if i plan something like a movie, i can usually get about 10 people to do it and we all have a good time. the thing is, it makes me feel like **** that im not really a part of one of them, im just kind of like a footnote. anyone have any ideas as to why this might be happening or what i should do? thanks for any help.
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
Relationship advice that's not a relationship? Right on!

Well, think of it this way - go with one group and the other group might end up excluding you or thinking you're picking sides. But, on the other hand, you're probably looking for an actual proper individual or two or three friends who can help you out in sticky situations rather than just make you feel welcome going to the cinema.

Anyone in those two groups who you want to be like that to you? Stick closer to them but still go out with both groups evenly.
Quote by Paul Lambeth

Is it lame to quote yourself in your sig?
Know what you mean about being a footnote. Like, hey don't really think to call you, but if you show up, they're kind of like "oh, hey cool, didn't know you'd come."

I never really did much about it. I found some other people to pretty much play music with, and....yeah...that's pretty much all I do.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
the thing is that i just hate being a footnote when they decide to do stuff. its almost like were friends but they just dont call me to do stuff unless i ask? wtf
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
the thing is that i just hate being a footnote when they decide to do stuff. its almost like were friends but they just dont call me to do stuff unless i ask? wtf

If you really feel strongly about it, and don't really care too much to be the footnote of every time you go out, feel free to confront them about it. Nobody's making you act happy to be left out in the dark on your own.
Quote by Paul Lambeth

Is it lame to quote yourself in your sig?
Maybe it's your personality, maybe you're not very outgoing, friendly, etc.

Get to know your friends better. Talk to them and hang out more individually or in small groups to get to know them.

Maybe get a girlfriend if you can't get a lot of friends. I'm sure anybody would rather have a girlfriend than a bunch of guy friends.

Just get out there more and hang out, talk, mess around with them It's just school cliques. Don't worry about it too much though.

Maybe correct spelling, capitalization, grammar, and punctuation might help? Your post is painful to read..

EDIT: Yes, confront your friends about it.
Quote by paulvxD
Maybe it's your personality, maybe you're not very outgoing, friendly, etc.

Get to know your friends better. Talk to them and hang out more individually or in small groups to get to know them.

Maybe get a girlfriend if you can't get a lot of friends. I'm sure anybody would rather have a girlfriend than a bunch of guy friends.

Just get out there more and hang out, talk, mess around with them It's just school cliques. Don't worry about it too much though.

Maybe correct spelling, capitalization, grammar, and punctuation might help? Your post is painful to read..

no im really fun to be around people think im pretty funny not to be tooting my own horn or anything.
Lunatics on pogo sticks
are there like one or two people in either group that you really connect with?
if so try hanging out with them more and maybe they'll incorporate you more into the group, if that makes any sense.

i was in a similar situation with a bunch of people last year, but i just started haning around with them at school more and tried to start stuff, and we're all pretty tight now.
▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
▼Now he thinks he's a fire engine
well u gotta choose ur friends wisely have friedns that wud bak u up in a fight there r people that act like friends n wudnt stik up fer u n those arent ur real friends u shud also fight people ta show ur not a puss puss lol
Quote by brooklynsoulja1
well u gotta choose ur friends wisely have friedns that wud bak u up in a fight there r people that act like friends n wudnt stik up fer u n those arent ur real friends u shud also fight people ta show ur not a puss puss lol

Wow, how stupid.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Don't look at it that way. Just think of yourself as the popular one. I mean, TWO GROUPS AFTER YOU?! Wow! Its that simple.
"He can dance if he wants too, he can leave his friends behind..."

Quote by Tsucchi
Because nothing is sexier than a man with a mouth full of crayons.
Quote by sysdown27
are there like one or two people in either group that you really connect with?
if so try hanging out with them more and maybe they'll incorporate you more into the group, if that makes any sense.

i was in a similar situation with a bunch of people last year, but i just started haning around with them at school more and tried to start stuff, and we're all pretty tight now.

Yeah, there are definitely a couple of people that are like that. There's one guy who i know would back me up or any other stuff like that, actually a few people now that I think about it. I guess I'll try and hang out with them more and then if they're one of the people planning something, they'll think about me too.

better grammar for ya? (to whoever mentioned it)
Lunatics on pogo sticks
^haha sorry.
I don't think we can really help you out here since we don't really know you/your personality... I'd find better friends
Quote by brooklynsoulja1

Huh? I think my spellcheck on firefox broke...
Quote by paulvxD
^haha sorry.

I don't think we can really help you out here since we don't really know you/your personality... I'd find better friends

well the main thing i can tell you is that im really funny and fun to be around when im with my friends, but im pretty shy around people im not used to or dont know. which isnt a lot of people, but still...
Lunatics on pogo sticks
^well ya i could be one of the few kids in every class who just dont ever say a word and dont have any friends but...
Lunatics on pogo sticks