Please explain to me how they work. I'm confident this thread has been done before, but my search button isn't working, so keep that in mind. BUt just try and explain to me how it works.
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
Basicly, you run your guitar through the stomp box and into you amp. when you turn on the talk box, it runs the signal from your guitar into a small amp in the talkbox, which runs the sound from your guitar up a tube that goes up your mike stand. When you put the tube in your mouth, your guitar takes the place of your volcal chordes, and you use your mouth to shape the sound.

so, the sound comes from your guitar, but its your mouth that really makes your guitar talk.
Quote by boreamor
Thousands upon thousands of people yelling "IcyHot"...

Quote by imdeth
She looks like she has triforces in her eyes...

Quote by Nakon14
*sigh* yet again, only on UG would somebody rush to their computer to tell the pit when their lives or property are in dire trouble.
a friend of mine wanted to build one via plugging the line out of his amp into a self powered speaker (a small one), and then covering the speaker so it was sealed except for the tube and running the tube up to his mouth and letting the mouth noises go into the mic of the PA just like it would in the old talkboxes.

My question is...

is it really that simple? lol
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!