Page 1 of 6
well i did a search and it yielded no results so i decided that it would be good to have a rancid thread here. am i the only person who is worried that the new drummer will have a negative effect on their upcoming music?
Quote by farcry
the first time I've ever been sigged, and it had to be about a butthole. My dad would be proud.
i dont know it could go either way(obviously)Rancid should have a thread tho so yeah, GOOD WORK
Tim Armstrong sounds funny and I think I know why...

When Joe Struumer died, he willed his incomprihensible, psuedo cockney, constantly drunk sounding slur to Tim.

Couple that with what I assume is mild hair product related brain damage and you've got a winning combination!
well i got to see rancid at the fonda in hollywood right before the drummer left and they were awesome..
im fairly sure that tim and matt are the primary songwriters..
well they usually have the better songs in my opinion..especially in lets go..

i wish they would go back to their first albums sound but i really dont think thats possible so i can hope for a sound closer to their sophmore album
I'm surprised you didn't find a thread, you'd think there'd be one.

I don't think a new drummer will have a negative impact on the music.

But, having said that, if this new drummer has some sort of influence over the music/lyrics it wouldn't be shocking to find that the music changes somewhat.
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/westaussie/

Quote by StratPat

Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.

Quote by pnkrockfishermn
well i did a search and it yielded no results so i decided that it would be good to have a rancid thread here. am i the only person who is worried that the new drummer will have a negative effect on their upcoming music?

um....the time had a negative effect on their music....and Armstrong´s employer Pink
you're only as good as your drummer?

As long as songs like "Black Lung" aren't erased from existence, whatevs.
i dont think anything except bad songwriting will ever have an effect on their music. overall they sound pretty much the same as they have since out come the wolves. not like being on a lable is stifiling any of the bands creativity. still the same ska/punk kinda thing going on. I never really "noticed" the drums that much so i dont think changing drummers will have much an effect. i doubt anyone will even notice.
i dunno they've had some good rockin' songs, and they have osme very ****ty songs, i think they should just stick with stuff like Maxwell Murder and Journey To The end of The East Bay and forget the "ska" stuff.
Dude, seriously, he's a drummer. Come on.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by RizzoWashburn
Dude, seriously, he's a drummer. Come on.

but he was frum TeH YeWzEd!!!1!11!!111omgemo!11!11
^But he's a DRUMMER. Who cares. He's just there to keep the beat.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
lmfao i know, i was just being a typical emo basher to see how you'd respond.

teh yewzed arent even emo.
Why stress about the drummer? The biggest threat to rancid is probably Tim's voice. He sounds like he's on opium and has his mouth full.

unaaaaaah a reh ha moo
take a bus donton to da gave yaad shif tonigh
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
Why stress about the drummer? The biggest threat to rancid is probably Tim's voice. He sounds like he's on opium and has his mouth full.

unaaaaaah a reh ha moo

lol!!

i love rancid but its true
God, i hate rancid...and yes, there have been many threads on rancid already, search better next time.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Quote by original=punk

teehee
NN2S<3

Quote by farcry
the first time I've ever been sigged, and it had to be about a butthole. My dad would be proud.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
unaaaaaah a reh ha moo

That's how they should have the lyircs printed in the leaflet for that song.
I like Rancid a lot, explains the SN. I always thought Brett Reed was the weakest point in the music, he uses the same beat on almost every song on their first album. I hope the new drummer is better even if he is from The Used.

The reason Tim sings like that is because he OD'd on drugs and alcohol at some point when he was a teen, passed out and almost died. The lack of blood flow to his brain affected his voice permanently or something like that. The thing that pisses me off the most is that Tim hardly ever touches his guitar anymore. He's frickin Lint, King Of Ska and I thought his guitar playing on the first Rancid album was the best on any Rancid album. I feel like slapping him for basically not playing anymore.
I hope the new album isn't like Indestructible though...
Quote by original=punk

teehee
NN2S<3

WIN!

I dont think a new drummer will have too big an impact on Rancid's music. The guy from the Used is actually a pretty solid drummer, even if he is from TeH yEwZzEd

eh im not a fan

yeah i personally think lars is the douche..
i mean lets go was great but not because of lars.
i think tim and matt were probably heading in that direction.
and i agree tim should get exited about rancid again instead of the side projects and all that stuff that comes with being the head of hellcat
I love Rancid. I love Tim. Even if he can't talk. He's one of the coolest ****ing guys ever. I like Lars. I don't think he's that cool. But I like him. And, even though he ****ed his vocal cords doing heroin, I like the way Tim sings. And I like Indestructible. Not as good as ...And Out Come The Wolves but I like Indestructible. Can't wait for the new CD.
That Cheap Fucking Smile Carries You To Bed

Those Lips Are Social Suicide But I Just Wanna See You Dead.
I enjoy Rancid's first two albums. Their ska songs are generally bland and boring. So, I'll stick the their early days.
tim's voice is THE rancid voice.
tim's suckish guitar playing is THE rancid guitar playing
thats why they have such a superb bassplayer to even that out.
the drummer wont sway their sound much because....
1. he is a very very good drummer, better than the other one
2. he was a huge rancid fan before he joined rancid, he had a mohawk and he always wear rancid shirts on stage when he's playing with the used, can view in youtube. so im guessing he's basically a punk kid who plays anything thats music
Their first album kicked ass. But after Black Lung, alll their stuff went downhill...
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
pop rock not punk rock.
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

i really dont hear pop rock.

i hear that so-cal punk sound. that social distorian started, and rancid perfected.
uh....omg.....kill yourself.... both those bands suck.

pop rock, two words: ruby soho.
Quote by BrianApocalypse

we obviously arent coming to a conclusion about whether they are pop or punk rock, so lets call them alternative.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
is there anyone here who prefers their more recent music instead of their old school stuff?
neither, it all sucks...
Quote by BrianApocalypse