I cant seem to do it. my tuner goes crazy after i get down 2 notes. and is it even possible for me ? im using ernie ball super slinky strings and they get really lose after a while. Do you need somthing special to do it? sorry for the stupid question
Gear:
Ibanez RG2ex2
mega distortion md-2
Metal Muff
Marshall MG microstack
Line 6 spyder hd75 halfstack
Sonic Stomp
Schecter Damien 6
but can i do it even with the strings i have?
Gear:
Ibanez RG2ex2
mega distortion md-2
Metal Muff
Marshall MG microstack
Line 6 spyder hd75 halfstack
Sonic Stomp
Schecter Damien 6
Yeah, do it with your ears.

And Super Slinkys are WAY too thin to tune down 2 steps. You'd want 11s or 12s for that.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
The strings don't have enough tension in them to tune down to C... whatever your trying to play, you'll just have to transpose in the key of D... besides... tuning to C would only make the strings buzz when you play... The only way i could think of it working would be to change you strings setup so that the have different tension...
I have the same strings and tune down to C with no problem and didnt change anything on my guitar....
For D tuning I recommend jumping to .11's or .12's. For C tuning I'd find a thick 7-string set and ditch the top string.

String tension versus pitch is logarithmic. For example a quarter turn down from any one pitch will lower the pitch more than a quarter turn up from the same pitch will raise it. Thinner strings offer less tension and when detuned will put you in a much more sensitive area of the logarithmic curve. Thicker strings help to compensate for that (in addition to sounding thicker).
Last edited by Kendall at Aug 22, 2007,
I like floppy strings because I'm weird and I'd never tune down that low. I used to use Slinkies before my Curt Mangans, but I never tried going past 1/2 step down.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.