Hey y'all. I've been playing guitar for 3 years and I think it's about time to get rid of this Marshall 15 watt amp. I'm a decent guitar player and defenitly looking to get better, i'm told that i'm good for someone who's only played for 3 years but it's not enough for me, i still feel like I need to get better.

I don't know much about amps, but I really like marshall. I hear vox is really nice too, i have a 500 dollar budget and I wanna get a 1x12. I play all sorts of music such as rock, funk, blues, metal and punk rock. I might want something well rounded to match these styles but if i really had to choose one style/genre i'd stick with just the general rock.

I have a telecaster thinline, and a ME-50 BOSS preamp. I'm willing to buy a used amp but I'll most likely pick up the amp at guitar center.

I wanted to hear any suggestions or comments about what I should be looking for. I'd love to hear what you guys think about this. Thanks for your time!
Are you looking for a tube amp, or just an improvement over your 15w Marshall?

For versatility and ease of use/transportation, you may want to look into a Valvetronix from Vox. They aren't the best sounding, but will cover just about everything and do a "pretty good" job at it.
I saw some amp in a magazine once. It's called the JSX mini collosal. I'd check that out, it looked interesting.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
hmmm, i think i may want a tube amp. I don't care much for ease of transportation and I don't mind if an amp has complex features on it or not.
In that case, your best bet may be the Epiphone Valve Junior head and cab. It really does sound amazing for what it is, and it responds exceptionally well to pedals. By itself it'll cover anything from clean tones to blues and classic rock. With an overdrive pedal you can get more modern sounds out of it. Then there are mods to cover anything from a Master Volume to an effects loop.
Quote by Kendall
In that case, your best bet may be the Epiphone Valve Junior head and cab. It really does sound amazing for what it is, and it responds exceptionally well to pedals. By itself it'll cover anything from clean tones to blues and classic rock. With an overdrive pedal you can get more modern sounds out of it. Then there are mods to cover anything from a Master Volume to an effects loop.

I concur. Alone, It can do more than classic rock, I own it BTW. But, For metal, you'll need more. A DS-1 puts me in metal territory, I don't know how good, I don't listen to or play Metal regularly, but It sounds sort of what I hear now and then on the radio.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
For a really versatile amp, I would go with the new Crate amps. For under 500 you can pick up a 2x12 tube amp that works just as well as some higher end amps.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
You should look used. The Peavey Classic 30 is a 30W 1x12 that'll give you enough power to gig with if you need it, and regularly sells for $350 or less. New, it's about $600. If you want new, you could get the Crate V32 1x12 for $500, and there's a selection of 15W amps (enough power for jamming and small gigs) at $400 and under.

But used is the way to go. If you're patient, and willing to dig, you can find some treasures. I've gotten a few nice amps for under $500.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.