i play a lot of stuff that has a classic kind of style to it, though i'll play other stuff every now and then, so versatility is good...
i was wondering
it's either the Peavey VK212
or
Orange AD30R

any recommendations?
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Eastwood Ultra GP
beat up 1960's Gibson LGO acoustic
>_>

Wha!?
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
ORANGE. Don't even think twice. How did those two end up in the same category?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Sorry to ask but what eactly makes orange amps so good? Im considering buying the AD30 too but i cant test it anywhere? What do they sound like? Do they have a tube rectifier? How versatile are they? Etc

Anyway dennys i'd look at maybe the Peavey Classic 50's or something instead of the valve king. Personally i dont like the vavle king. Although if the Orange is good...?
If I were you, I wouldn't look for a tube rectifier unless you are specifically looking for the sound associated with a tube rectifier. The Orange is an excellent option, regarding class A amps, and will nail a lot of classic tones. Personally I like the Valve Junior option. Put a tube screamer in front of it and it's more versatile than you might think, plus you'll end up with about a thousand bucks left over versus what you'll pay for the Orange.
the reason it's between those two was because i was either going for something not too expensive, or something really high-end
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Eastwood Ultra GP
Quote by dennys 4 lif3
the reason it's between those two was because i was either going for something not too expensive, or something really high-end

Why no go somewhere in the middle? The Orange is a big step up from the Valveking. I think you should try them out head to head, and with some amps that are priced somewhere in the middle (Peavey Classic 30, Fender Blues Deluxe, Maybe some Traynors) and decide whether the Orange is worth the extra cash. If not, then you could go for an amp priced somewhere in the middle, or even the VK if you like it.

EDIT: I assume you play Classic Rock stuff because you're looking at those amps, but I'm going to ask anyway, what kind of stuff are you playing?
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
i play a lot of stuff that has a classic kind of style to it, though i'll play other stuff every now and then
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Eastwood Ultra GP