Page 1 of 2
i seem to be infatuated with the dark ages and such?

the only time movies make me tear up is stuff like brave heart 300 gladiator.

and for some reason i think it would be great to be a viking and im also gonna grow a viking beard...

and i like dark death metal. and i have a strange obsession with vlad the impaler...

anyone else like vikings?
Rainbow
(I'm not gay)
you might have had a past life within that time period. I kid you not. I have a friend who wont let the Renaissance die. He believes and gets all these visions of being a knight
Liking vikings is completely normal. They were among the manliest of men. And Vlad the Impaler is also normal, because his name is "Vladamir," and that's just kickass. Plus, he's a vampire, so that kind of adds something too, I suppose.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
i believe in past lifes..

but see its just recently happened... like i started watching history channel and now im like obssesed with it....

i dont get it...
Rainbow
(I'm not gay)
I have become obsessed with Scandinavia, all its history and mythology and such.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Last edited by Garret. at Aug 22, 2007,
Quote by drakenshadow
i believe in past lifes..

but see its just recently happened... like i started watching history channel and now im like obssesed with it....

i dont get it...

do u get visions of being a viking?
Quote by Z_cup_boy
do u get visions of being a viking?

no..

but i remember that when i was little i had this dream, but it was more like a memory or something cause i was like 4 when i remembered or had the dream, and i was too young to be able to concieve reincarnation...

i was laying on a table in what i think was a castle and this guy was walking around me, i think he was god and i was talking to him and i cant remember what he said but it was like he was putting me together...

i think its like a strange reincarnation memory..
Rainbow
(I'm not gay)
Quote by drakenshadow
no..

but i remember that when i was little i had this dream, but it was more like a memory or something cause i was like 4 when i remembered or had the dream, and i was too young to be able to concieve reincarnation...

i was laying on a table in what i think was a castle and this guy was walking around me, i think he was god and i was talking to him and i cant remember what he said but it was like he was putting me together...

i think its like a strange reincarnation memory..

aye maybe
odd..hm
Quote by Z_cup_boy
you might have had a past life within that time period. I kid you not. I have a friend who wont let the Renaissance die. He believes and gets all these visions of being a knight

when were there knights during the renaissance?
Gladiator and Braveheart could make you tear up because they're good movies with great scores by Enya which makes anyone cry. 300....not so much because it was a bad movie.

Vlad the Impaler is quite an interesting character. An evil man or a smart ruler?
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by drakenshadow

and for some reason i think it would be great to be a viking and im also gonna grow a viking beard...

and i like dark death metal. and i have a strange obsession with vlad the impaler...

i am scandanavian cept i live in the states and born in them with all my scandanavian blood

as for vlad the impaler.. its already known he's a vampire... which, vampires have always been my little obsession, and awakening the inner vampire was a piece of well as easy as biting somebody and drinking away eh?

not to sound like a lunitic, but its fun.. lol depends on who,
WORLDS LARGEST NAPALM DEATH FAN
he was a god among man thats for sure. the simple fact he had the power he had.

he impaled 2000 people in the courtyard of his castle (or maybe it was 20,000) before he left it to go to his new castle...

simply amazing...
Rainbow
(I'm not gay)
Ivan the Terrible > Vlad the Impaler
Quote by soulflyV
Quote by ReaverNightwing
i am scandanavian cept i live in the states and born in them with all my scandanavian blood

as for vlad the impaler.. its already known he's a vampire... which, vampires have always been my little obsession, and awakening the inner vampire was a piece of well as easy as biting somebody and drinking away eh?

not to sound like a lunitic, but its fun.. lol depends on who,

i believer there is a chance he is/was a vampire. i dont know either way he was amazing, and was just simply beyond human.

i would love to meet him, some day.
Rainbow
(I'm not gay)
Like vikings eh? Well, like viking music too? Then listen too Gods of War by Manowar. A pure master piece .. concept album
Last edited by Eccer at Aug 22, 2007,
Quote by drakenshadow
i believer there is a chance he is/was a vampire. i dont know either way he was amazing, and was just simply beyond human.

i would love to meet him, some day.

even if he isn't i am, but i agree it would be fun to meet him sit back have a glass of vodka, just let loose, like the good ole days
Quote by ReaverNightwing
even if he isn't i am, but i agree it would be fun to meet him sit back have a glass of vodka, just let loose, like the good ole days

hell ya, he could teach us alot i bet.
Rainbow
(I'm not gay)
Quote by myself101
Gladiator and Braveheart could make you tear up because they're good movies with great scores by Enya which makes anyone cry. \

Enya did not sing in Gladiator nor Braveheart.
Quote by drakenshadow
hell ya, he could teach us alot i bet.

then we'd become like the apprentices, and we'd go out impaling people like he did, and then we'd get stooges, and build up an army lol
Quote by Z_cup_boy

Obviously your friend listened to Blackmore's Night too much. Makes the same effect on me but i prefer being a bard. We're going back to a time we knew Under a Violet Moon. Damn what a song...
Let's go back to five billion bpm and see how good i am.
After watching 300, my friend and I have this crazy urge to dress up as Spartans. We are going to use those round plastic sleds as shields and paint them
Co-Founder of the Puttsecks Group

Listen to my Lux Aeterna remix and other random songs! Comments?

Quote by ShelbyLynn
vicd08, your avatar is suckin up my life, and stealing my thoughts...

Quote by HanPlaysBass
I just want to say that your avatar is simply the best thing in creation.
i've wanted a beard since i was about 5 (16 years ago), and more recently go to canada to become a lumberjack

i guess for a few people (mostly males) have an instinctive urge to be self-sufficient, and there are very few races/cultures that are more self-sufficient than vikings. plus nothing is more badass than having a beard, whilst weilding an axe \m/ (*.*) \m/
Quote by ReaverNightwing

Wait, did you just say you're a vampire...

Some people just seem to have an ingrained fascination with certain periods of time, I myself find anything involved with World War 2 to be really interesting, always have always will, no real idea as to why.
Quote by the spiker
Enya did not sing in Gladiator nor Braveheart.

Tell that to the CD i have.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by MastaBassist10
You do realise viking music would have sounded more like this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=iJX18sBcz0s
Right?

Well you have to understand, He is one of those people that think if they sing about vikings or battles of any sort then it must be Viking Music even though if any vikings were around today they would think that music is absolute garbage.
Quote by soulflyV
I play Guild wars with my guitar.

Not really its just on my lap for when i have to wait ingame.

But passing out on your bed with your guitar. :?
Quote by Tyson2011
d von is truly one of the pit.

Quote by 09phillt
Good God Man What's Wrong With You!?
Quote by fluffylump2
when were there knights during the renaissance?

Throughout it's entire period :s

And those aren't the Dark Ages threadstarter, except maybe Braveheart.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by Gunpowder
Liking vikings is completely normal. They were among the manliest of men. And Vlad the Impaler is also normal, because his name is "Vladamir," and that's just kickass. Plus, he's a vampire, so that kind of adds something too, I suppose.

Vikings were famous for grooming themselves constantly
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Quote by Garret.
Well you have to understand, He is one of those people that think if they sing about vikings or battles of any sort then it must be Viking Music even though if any vikings were around today they would think that music is absolute garbage.

Obviously; I was being an asshat.
Quote by MastaBassist10
Obviously; I was being an asshat.

Thanks for trashing me around, I love you ug'ers.. I didn't mean Gods of war where THE absolute viking style music.. sure in the old days they would think "this is ****ing garbage", it's just what.. they do.. honoring the gods with their twists and changes. And I happen to like it very much, because im a Manowar fan. Just wanted to recommend it... that's all
Last edited by Eccer at Aug 22, 2007,
Might have been said already but Vlad the Impaler is in no way connected to anything Vikingish. I'm pretty sure he was eastern european where the vikings are scandanavian. He was brutal though. Thousands of people piked in his front yard is crazy.

Good taste in movies
My Stuff:
Schecter S-1 Elite with EMG 81 & 85
Dean Hardtail Select
Marshall MG50DFX
Boss DS-1

A child's rhyme stuck in my head says life is but a dream
I am a viking. By blood at least, im a direct decendent of Lars the viking
read job
Quote by drakenshadow

Yes, I like Johan Söderberg
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
why is the TS banned?

and vlad the impaler was most certainly not a good man. but he was one helluva a vampire!

Jack my swag
Page 1 of 2