when you say shred... can you be more specific? the first guy seems to think you mean like play fast thrash songs/solos but i was thinking more along the lines of sweep picking.
first id learn to spell shredding

then id learn killing is my buisness by megadeth
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
to improve your skills, use Kristopher Dahls shred master class on UG TV, that improved my shredding tenfold.
Learn 'Holy Wars... the punishment due' by megadeth, great song to boost your speed.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by MachineHead2110
I Am A beginer shreader and i wanna know what some kool songs to boost my shreeding skills.

Im In to Metal So Yeah

Are you a beginner guitarist who wants to wank some licks out, or been playing and just getting into the art of shred?

If you are the latter, then I'd suggest checking out the arpeggios section of Serrana by Jason Becker. It's mostly commonly used sweeping patterns, and if you work on each one really slowly (I mean 25% speed slow) and then build yourself up, you can get some good chops going. For alt picking, work on sections of Steve Morse's legendary Tumeni Notes. Again you should slow it down a whole lot, as he's got the chops that come with being a reigning guitar master for 30+ years. If you want a nasty legato workout, try the tapping section in Sea of Lies by Symphony X. String skipping, left hand hammer ons... it's a toughie to say the least. There are pretty good powertab files on this site for each of the songs I've mentioned.

If you are the former, then stop now. Just because you want to shred doesn't mean you get to skip everything else. Build your way to that point, otherwise you will end up with terrible technique, piss poor time, play sloppy, and nobody will want to jam with you for being a total wanker.
Last edited by troyponce at Aug 22, 2007,
What the hell does Lern't mean?
Is that even a word?
Just wondering
What I have:
Yamaha F325 Acoustic
2 Behringer V-Tone GM108 15-Watt amps
Behringer Guitar ( Dont know what model it is. Stfu. )
ESP LTD F-50
Digitech Grunge pedal
Original Crybaby Wah Pedal
Boss GE-7 EQ
You tried Cannibal Corpse?
What I have:
Yamaha F325 Acoustic
2 Behringer V-Tone GM108 15-Watt amps
Behringer Guitar ( Dont know what model it is. Stfu. )
ESP LTD F-50
Digitech Grunge pedal
Original Crybaby Wah Pedal
Boss GE-7 EQ
learn some songs by necrophagist, like epitaph or seven
My Gear:
Vox AD15VT
Line 6 Spider ll 112
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser Temptest
Quote by oriolesazb
mine is probably that totaly awsomely hard solo in wake me up when september ends, evry time i hear that solo i drool.