I had a search and realised that it was criminal that there has been no Slint thread. I'm off to see them in Camden tonight and I'm very excited, they've been my favourite band for a great many years. Spiderland is probably my favourite album of all time too, although I like Tweez a lot too, and their posthumous EP is pretty damn good.

Any other fans?
I will never travel brandishing a sharp tongue, out of fear of piercing my own heart...
They're back together!?

Even wikipedia says they are in other bands now..
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
They've re-formed for the ATP Don't Look Back series of concerts performing Spiderland, but according to Touch and Go there are plans for them to find a practice space in Louisville, and they've been performing a new song called 'King's Approach'.
I will never travel brandishing a sharp tongue, out of fear of piercing my own heart...
Quote by pigmaggots
I want spiderland but i can never find it cheap enough...i only have it on copy

You tight bastard, you can get it for peanuts on ebay.
i love spiderland
such a good album

i also have tweez on vinyl, but i haven't had a chance to listen to it
i have heard that the new song that they have been playing has been pretty bad...i actually haven't heard it for myself though (hint hint, give me a link, hint hint)
Got tickets for tomorrow night at Koko, and I cannot wait. As for Kings Approach, I'm not too keen on it, it slips into the generic math rock sound too much.
they came about two and a half hours away from here. i was so sad i couldn't go =(

spiderland is a really good album, though.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join

last.fm
i might as well toss this out there being that dave pajo was in slint and zwan...
how did that zwan album suck so much? there was such a fine pedigree in the people in the band...pajo, paz lenchantin, matt sweeney(!!!!), and 2 pumpkins

it doesn't make sense
maybe there was too much talent in one place
Just because they're talented doesn't mean a whole lot, if the chemistry isn't there.

but yeah Slint = Love
good to hear they're back on tour and whatnot
Jesse Wants To Die Just As Much As You Want Him Dead
Spiderland is great, but I've not heard anything else by them.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by uhh_me?

it doesn't make sense

i blame billy corgan

last.fm
Quote by uhh_me?
it doesn't make sense

It was Billy Corgan, who since Adore, seems to have lost the faculty of distinguishing his good ideas from his bad ones. (ex: the Machina records, Zwan, TheFutureEmbrace and parts of Zeitgeist)

Anyway, I like "Nosferatu Man" but have yet to pick up Spiderland.
Quote by uhh_me?
i might as well toss this out there being that dave pajo was in slint and zwan...
how did that zwan album suck so much? there was such a fine pedigree in the people in the band...pajo, paz lenchantin, matt sweeney(!!!!), and 2 pumpkins

it doesn't make sense

Missed this before, but... Zwan didn't suck It was just far more mainstream than I and probably anyone else expected it to be.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
maybe suck wasn't the right word
not equal to the sum of it's parts would have been better wording on my part

when i get home from work i am going to try tweez out
hopefully it is worth my time
Slint is the best thing to come out of Louisville. Hopefully they'll decide to come home and play a show.
<ChristianHardcoreRox> imagine
<ChristianHardcoreRox> a DINOSAUR
<ChristianHardcoreRox> all up in yo face like whas good, nigga
YES! I MET DAVID ****ING PAJO! And had a brief chat, apparently one of them isn't too interested in doing a new album which I heard about via the Touch and Go rumour mill, and tonight is their last gig because there wasn't much interest.

I got right to the front, and ended up getting Pajo's setlist, and a good look at his pedalboard. The only downside is that I'll never hear Spiderland that good again.
Quote by deadlips
Slint is the best thing to come out of Louisville. Hopefully they'll decide to come home and play a show.

One of the best things, don't forget that Rodan, June of 44, Shipping News, Hoover and Crownhate Ruin were from Louisville too.
Slint is up there as one of my favorite bands. I've only heard Spiderland, which is fantastic, but now, are they reformed, or no? Even just for touring?
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
the reformed to perform Spiderland
i think most of the shows are over with though
Quote by uhh_me?
the reformed to perform Spiderland
i think most of the shows are over with though

Last one tonight. I'm really glad I went through the ballache and expense to get down to London to see them.
Quote by YourLastAffront

I got right to the front, and ended up getting Pajo's setlist, and a good look at his pedalboard. The only downside is that I'll never hear Spiderland that good again.

why did he need a setlist if they were only playing spiderland and 2 other songs? does he just have a poor memory?
Quote by uhh_me?
why did he need a setlist if they were only playing spiderland and 2 other songs? does he just have a poor memory?

maybe they messed with the order

or something

i hope they tour again eventually, although it doesn't sound likely i really want to see them

last.fm
Quote by uhh_me?

I dunno, but I snaffled it nonetheless. They played Spiderland, the Glenn/Rhoda EP and King's Approach (new song). I asked for some picks too, but the roadie said they didn't have many left for tonight's gig.

Some dude gave his camera to a roadie and she took a picture of his pedals, but basically it was a DL-4, a Strobostomp, a Boss HM-2, a DOD American Metal and some other box that I didn't recognise. Michael and Brian McMahon both used DS-1's, but that was all I saw of their pedalboards bar Boss TU-2 tuners.
Very much so, Glenn's a great track and the extended version of Rhoda rules.
Greatest band of alltime.

Okay... they are still ****ing amazing. I don't know which album is their best, but it's probably Spiderland. I really like Tweez, though.
Quote by pigmaggots
I have spiderland, anything else worth getting by them?

Tweez. Then, everything else. Be prepared, few albums have ever been as astonishing as Spiderland, so don't get your hopes too high.
I have Spiderland on cd and vinyl. I don't like Tweez enough to do the same. Definatly my default band and the album I put on when I have friends over.

I unfortunately missed all of their California dates with Pinback. Would have been a really awesome show. I've already seen Pinback, but Slint? Man.

I love Dave Pajo's solo projects.
Quote by jackbutt
I have Spiderland on cd and vinyl. I don't like Tweez enough to do the same. Definatly my default band and the album I put on when I have friends over.

I unfortunately missed all of their California dates with Pinback. Would have been a really awesome show. I've already seen Pinback, but Slint? Man.

I love Dave Pajo's solo projects.

With Pinback? That'd have been cool, were Aspects of Physics playing too?
tweez reminds me quite a bit of big black. it is much less refined than spderland.